Chapter Eight (Ariel's POV)

I arrived at the coffee shop a bit earlier than expected. I texted Daniel I was here but he was running behind so I grabbed us a seat by the windows in a corner. He came running in huffing.  He had on his a black jean jacket, a black and yellow band tee shirt, black cargo pants and white vans. Despite dressing like he was going to a concert came he did look nice. His buzzcut was growing out by this point, and his coils were starting to show on top. Pushing the menu towards him, he picked it up scanning over the options. Setting it down he nodded towards the counter. We got in line, and when it was our turned I ordered first.
"One strawberry fappe please. With extra strawberry toppings." I requested.

"And for you uh sir?" the cashier looked over at Daniel. His face instantly dropped.

"I'll take a just take a cappuccino with cinnamon" he answered.

"That'll be $12.67" the cashier run up. I went to go through my purse when Daniel held his hand up and took out a twenty. He dropped the spare change in their cat shaped tip jar. I thanked him, touching his arm slightly as he smiled at me. We waited for our drinks and went back to our seats. I was taking small sips of my frappe and he was letting his cool down. Leaning on my hand as I watched him blow on the lid. He was makign this scrowl face, and his forehead kept wrinkling up--it made me giggled.

"What's so funny?" he was curious to know.

"Nothing, just your facial expression. You look cute" I said smiling down at the table. Did I just call him cute out loud? Where did that come from? I began to tear up the paper straw, trying to figure out what to say next. 

"Why thank you" flashing a smile his way I kep tmy eyes down.
After a while he was sipping on his drink, as I finally came up with a topic.

"So, are you prepared for our final for Ms.Victoria's class or not yet?" I brought up as I was sipping on my straw again. He rubbed his chin, squinting his eyes.

"Yes and no. I have some ideas but nothing solid yet. Are you ready?" he turned it back to me.

"Yes I am, I worked on it the first week. It was a little hard but I managed" I said feeling proud of my time management skills.

"Wow, what a scholar" his lips curving as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Funny Danny" I teased. I stirred my straw. "I just like to get ahead of school work, gives me more free time"

"Didn't know we were doing nicknames now, Ari" he fired back.
"Guess we are. Want to hear my piece?" I offered taking out my phone. I flipped the screen to him, as he took it carefully. I had picked the subject of longing, and desire despite having little experiences with it. I thought it'd be interesting to pretend to think of someone I was longing for. Reading over a few lines he nodded before stopping and handing it back. Arching an eye brow I leaned back in my seat.

"Do you not like it?" I questioned cocking my head.

"It's not that, just seems really..how do I say this, uh too subjective honestly." he expressed. Faking gasping I scoffed.

"It's subjective huh? Well let's see your piece mr. writer" I challenged. His face stood straight as he held his hands up.

"I don't have it on me" he tried to excuse.

"Is it in that black notebook you carry around?"

"Yes, and beside it's not done yet" he tried to play it off and I just rolled my eyes again.

"Well when it is, let me read it" I inquired to hear more about it.

We finished our drinks, throwing them out as we left the shop.

    "How can I improve my piece then?"

    "Well you could lengthen it by another stanza or two, you're doing a free verse so there's not limit to how long it can be." he explained to me. "In my work I usually try to reroute the subject in the beginning and the end, sort of like repeating a phrase or certain word to draw the readers attention"

Nodding my head slowly I took in all he was telling me. I think this is the most I've heard him talk at once in any given setting. It was a nice change of pace. Thanking him for the input we reached the bus, getting on we sat in the back section taking in the sounds of the city. There was a guy snoring obnixiously, a woman trying to calm her crying toddler, and some guys aruging over a basketball game. I checked through my phone, seeing if Simone wanted to hang out tomorrow. She was busy with her boyfriend Alex. She would often try to tease me on how I needed a boyfriend, but I didn't have time for that. Beside, as if I could trust any boy in that god forsaken school to even reveal my truth to them. They'd flip out and do so much damage. I couldn't risk that all for a short term fling. I looked over at Danny who was blastering his music. I couldn't recognize the lyrics fully but from his screen it was an artist named 'Forever The Sickest Kids' the song was titled 'She's A Lady' how chic. He glanced over at my briefly, gesturing towards his phone. He pulled his headphones off, handing them to me. Gently putting them on the music was loud as hell. It was this rocker type music, which wasn't my thing. Lowering the volume, I handed his phone back and placed the headphones on my lap. He smirked before tapping my knee. Reaching our respective stops he got up too fast, leaving his headphones behind. Folding them I put them in my purse, he was quiet the guy.