I love this idea (18x09)

New Mernick story...
- it's not proofread
- in some parts, this story might be a little rushed and not gone into details... but I wanted to finish it, so you can read it 💕

.......

"You hate this idea?"

"I love this idea."

.

"Bad day, huh?"

"What is?"

"My friend was in a car accident today?"

"No." Worried

"My other friend, quit."

"And my favorite resident just flamed out."

.....

In the car, as they arrive at the hotel

"You sure, you are okay? Do you want to check in on your friend?"

"No. It's not... that..." Meredith knew she had been quiet for most of the way they had driven to the hotel Nick had reserved. She wasn't one to overly express and talk about all her problems and worries, and yet she knew Nick had noticed she had been more quiet than usually. A small smile in between all the other thoughts appeared on her lips. They had gotten a lot closer, she had let him get a lot closer, to a degree that he knew her well enough to notice when there was something on her mind. And... it felt good to have someone care for her again.

"Okay?" She heard Nick, the hope in his voice, to get more out of her. And at the same time, not trying to pressure her.

"It was just... a long day." She looked up at him, finding him already looking at her, the worry in his eyes only getting more. And she couldn't help herself but find a smile on her lips at the way he cared.

"Now... I just want to enjoy this evening." She tried to add a bit lighter as she took Nick's hand, making a smile appear on his face while he was raising an eyebrow at her comment, making her slightly blush.

...

Once they were inside the hotel room, and Meredith put aside her purse, she felt Nick carefully taking her hand, making her turn around towards him.

"I can see that there's still something on your mind." Nick started gently, as he took a few steps towards her, so he could bring her in his embrace. Meredith, after being surprised the first moment, letting herself lean into his embrace.

"I- don't want to talk about this right now." She answered, looking up at him with a small smile. "I don't know how to talk about... feelings." She added, admitting as she was fumbling with her hands in the air, trying to make her point clear, earning a small smile from Nick.

"Okay. But in case you do want to talk, I'm here to listen."

"I... I..." She stopped before she even started. She took a deep breath before she turned to look at Nick again.

"You really don't know how to talk about your feelings...?" She saw the smallest of a smile on his lips, having to smile herself, despite the thoughts racing through her mind.

"No." She let out in a small chuckle.

"Try. I will listen." He whispered, tightening his embrace for a short moment to encourage her.