I'm ready to start over (18x15)

My thoughts summarized on 18x15: Just let Meredith be happy, whatever that may look like for her... 💕

Here is a continuation of their last scene this episode and what I imagine to have happened next... 💕

.....

"I am... I'm ready to... I'm- just- I'm ready to... start over... I'm definitely ready..." "I'm gonna take that offer." – Meredith

"Really?" – Nick

"Yes, really." – Meredith

She felt Nick's hand on her back, the comfort he offered making her lean against him

She felt Nick's hand on her back, the comfort he offered making her lean against him. It felt good to let him be there for her. It felt good to finally give herself that chance again, to start over, even though it brought up lots of emotions. It had been hard to become who she is now, it was hard to decide which path to choose and it would be hard to start over, but she was ready for it. She wasn't that intern anymore, she wasn't the ordinary person her mother always told her she was, and she was ready not to be the widowed woman anymore. She would always love him, but she was ready to start this next chapter, she was ready to be happy again, she was ready to be loved again.

She let her head rest against Nick's, him still holding her in his half embrace as she let the emotions from the day sink in. A single tear was rolling down her cheek that she only noticed when she felt Nick carefully wiping it away, making her look up at him.

"I'll accompany her out. Are you okay?" Nick asked softly.

"Yeah." Meredith nodded in response, a small smile appearing on her lips, before Nick went inside the room and she left in the opposite direction, taking a few deep breaths.

She went towards the attendings' lounge to get ready to leave. Once she was done, she got to an on-call room nearby, not willing to face Bailey or anyone else that day, waiting for Nick and hoping he wouldn't have to leave that night.

She texted him, letting him know that she was waiting for him while she sat down on one of the beds. She also sent a text to Tanya, telling her that she would be home in time to bring her kids to bed herself. She found a smile on her face at thinking about her kids. They were what she needed right now, having all her kids in a group hug.

.

Some moments later she heard the door open, making her look up as Nick entered the room. She got up from the bed, walking over to him.

"Jan needed a moment longer..." Nick stated, taking a few steps towards her as well.

Meredith gave him a sad smile. She could understand the pain Jan was going through and would have to go through just too well.