𝟏𝟐. 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 (𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠)

I decided to make a little alternative ending so this takes place at some time of the last chapter!

"You're not as annoying as you were earlier. You finally decided to give me a break or what?"

I wasn't even really listening, the feeling in me taking all my attention for itself.

"Sora?"

"Mh?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

I wanted to avoid making him worried but it seems like I failed in doing so.

"I'm not stupid and I'm not blind, so what's going on?"

I was silent for a moment as we walked to the place we should get picked up.

"I met Osamu again."

"You did what?!!"

"When I was walking around in the streets, he just came up to me."

"Of course, it's that bastard's fault why you're not good now. Whatever he told you, don't you even dare listen to him!"

"I don't. But it made me think. He looks so different now, happier than before. I wonder if I would have-"

"Sora stop. That idiot just wants to make you doubt. Don't fall for his traps!"

We arrived at the car but Chuuya just told the driver that we'll just walk back. We both then made our way towards the port to watch the sun slowly sinking downwards the horizont line.

"What exactly happened?"

"After he walked up to me, we just continued walking around, catching up with another..."

"And then?"

"..."

"Sora, what did he tell you?!"

"He- he said that he would make some arrangements for me so I could join the agency too."

I couldn't bring myself to speak any louder than a light whisper. I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know what I have to do for this confusion to end. Talking to Chuuya has always helped me but right now, I'm not sure if I'm even in the right state to talk.

"What the‐? You said no, didn't you?!"

"... I wasn't able to understand what he really meant back then... so I just said nothing. After that we also met two other people from the agency. They didn't know who I am, so they were actually pretty nice to me... maybe they could help me too..."

"So you're really thinking about it?"

"No! I mean... yes, I am thinking about it. But nothing more, just thinking. I guess..."

"You consider taking that offer, don't you? Contemplating that they could make you happy."

He first sounded so disappointed and hurt after hearing that I didn't deny Osamu's offer but after the short moment of silence, he spoke more collected and matured than before.

"I don't know... I don't know what's right and what's wrong. I just go by the things others do but there was never a situation like this. I just... don't know."

Again, there was nothing but silence between us.

He now stopped walking as he reached the end of a wooden stage, under us the colors of yellow and red reflecting water.

"Someone once asked me if I'd ever consider leaving the mafia... Back then, I thought it was a joke. Leaving the mafia? Why would I? But now that I'm in this situation, i understand what he meant. I finally understand.