Chapter 8

On the ride to the hospital they lost Alex one more time before they got there. They rushed Alex into a room and did tests to see what was wrong with Alex. A few minutes later the rest of the unit and the sarge arrived.

"Heard anything?" Wolf asked as the all sat next to Fox.

"Nothing yet. I'm doing this paper work and I'm having trouble. Sarge can you help me?" Fox asked.

"Sorry I don't know a lot about him. MI6 will, I can call them." Sarge took out his phone and started talk to someone. The doctor came out and everyone stood up.

"You came with the boy I'm guessing." The doctor said.

"Yes sir." Wolf said.

"Well he is stable for now. Looked like he was poisoned. Also his lungs were damaged as well. He has a tube helping him breath right now. " The doctor said.

"When can we see him?" Fox asked.

"You can see him now. He's sleeping right now but that's all I can say for now." The doctor left and Sarge went over to the unit.

"MI6 is coming. How's he?" He asked.

"Stable and has a tube in his mouth." Snake said. Fox walked into the room that Alex was in. The others were going to take turns going in and out of the room for now.

"What did they do to you?" Fox asked as he saw Alex. He had a tube sticking out of his mouth and he looked really pale. His heart rate was normal and he had an IV in his arm. Fox stayed there a little bit longer and then let the rest of the team see him. When Ms. Jones arrived Sarge was in the room with Alex.

"Well hello boys. I see to recall to leave Alex alone." Fox got up from the chair and walked over to her. He was mad.

"Well he's been poisoned and now he might no make it because you sent him on all those missions that could have killed him." Fox said. "He's be blaming everyone for what has happen to him. He even does not trust us fully. He is on a ventilation machine right now." Fox said.

"I know. He's the best agent I have and it was never my decision to turn him into an agent. That was a higher up decision which I have been regretting even since he showed up." She said.

"I don't care. He's in the hospital cause you keep putting him on missions even when you could stop it. He's just a kid and now we might lose him." Fox said. Wolf went up behind him and pulled Fox away from Ms. Jones.

"Can you please fill the info out? We don't know his history like you do." Wolf said. Fox sat down and put his head into his hands. He wanted to cry but no yet. Not till he knows Alex alright.

"That's why I'm here. I have to go soon so I will fill the paper work out and go. I will be back tomorrow." She said. She filled out the paper work and left. Fox went back into the room and watched Alex breath in and out. Fox waited for a while and he just wanted to wait. That he did.

*****

Alex woke up with his back against the tree. He could see again but he was in a dream. The bad part was that Alex did not know that. He thought the part about him being blind was a dream. He started to walk back to the base. It was very bright out. The tree blocked out some of the sunlight but Alex didn't care cause he felt fine and he was at peace. Once he got to the edge of the forest he saw Fox waiting for him.

"You ready Alex?" Fox asked smiling at Alex.

"Ready for what and when did you start calling me Alex?" He asked.

"When did I not ever call you Alex. Also to head back to the cabin." They walked back to the cabin and walked in. The rest of the team greeted him.

"So Alex you want to go do the assault course. I know it's your favorite." Alex smiled.

"Sure." He said. Once they got outside Eagle pounced on him. They started wrestling each other. "What are you doing Eagle?" Alex asked.

"Just having fun Alex. You need some fun." He said. They did some more wrestling before they continued to the course.

*****

Fox was still waiting for Alex to wake up when Wolf walked in and handed Fox some coffee. "Thanks." He took a few sips while Wolf sat down in a chair next to him.

"Snake is out cold and Eagle is trying to be a clown but keeps falling asleep. Sarge left to go back to the base. He said he'll be back by morning." Wolf said to Fox. Fox looked at his watch. It read 3 am.

"Nothing has changed and I keep thinking he's going to die but I look closer and see he's breathing." Fox said. Wolf got an idea.

"Why don't we get Eagle and Snake in here and we can all wait for Cub to walk up together." Wolf suggested.

"Sure." They all got up and went into the waiting room. Wolf got Eagle and Fox woke Snake up and they all went into the room and waited for Alex. Snake sat down in the chair and fell asleep the second he sat down. Eagle did the same. Wolf and Fox stayed up talking for a little bit.

"What were you thinking when you found Cub?" Wolf asked.

"I thought he was dead and I need to save him. I thought of all he had been though and I just could not let him go like this." Fox said. "What about you?"

"Well other than that he was going to die. I was thinking of running as fast as I could to get to Cub. Also all that i put him though when we meet him. i regret doing all that to him." Wolf said.

"I'm sure that we all were regretting what we did to Cub a long time ago. That's all in the pass now and he forgave us." Fox said.

"You should get some sleep. I'll keep watch." Wolf said. Fox nodded and got as comfortable as he could and fell asleep. A doctor came in earlier to check and see how Alex was doing. He left and then it was morning. Snake, Eagle and Wolf left with Sarge to get some things from the base for Alex and Fox. They also got changed into some different cloths and headed back to the hospital Fox just stayed the on a few hours of sleep waiting.