Chapter 11

Fox stayed awake watching Alex. He did not want anything to happen to him right now. Fox knew SAS would be on there way to get Alex and him. Alex woke up about an hour later. He was moving slowly but he was awake.

"How long have I been out?" Alex asked.

"About an hour." Fox said. Fox got up and went over to Alex. "How do you feel?"

"Bloody hell." Alex said with a small smirk. Fox smiled. He helped Alex stand up to see how well he could walk. Then some guards came in and took both of them into the same room that Alex was in. The room started to fill with people as they chained Alex to the ceiling and Fox to a chair. They took the bandages off of Alex's body to show his scabbed back and front.

"Welcome everyone. Just about two hours ago Alex Rider here went under many different tortures and look at him now. Still alive and awake. We have his friend here that might help make his torture more unpleasant." Deathstalker said with a smile on his face.

"Leave him alone. He has nothing to do with me." Alex said. "He was a random guy that found me. I don't even know him." Alex said. Fox did not say anything.

"I very well don't not agree with that." Deathstalker said as more people filled in, Yassen was in a corner watching. "Can anyone tell me which is the most powerful torture in the world?"

"Physical." They all yelled out.

"No mental that's why we have SAS man in our presence. He is friends with Alex Rider." Deathstalker said. He was still in front of Alex. Alex was able to kick him in the gut but not hard. Once Deathstalker recovered himself he pulled out a gun and out it to Alex's head. Alex did not flinch. He stared straight into Deathstalker's eyes, showing no fear. Fox was freaking out inside.

"You hurt him. I hurt you." Alex said with no emotion in his voice. Deathstalker removed the gun from Alex's head and went over to Fox.

"So he is your friend." Deathstalker smiled and punched Fox in the gut 10 times and went back over to Alex. "I don't care about my well being as long as you suffer." Deathstalker took out his gun again and pulled the trigger. It it Alex in his right shoulder right where his heart might be if it was on the left side. Alex gritted his teeth in pain. Fox was staring in no belief. Alex head was dangling. Fox did not see that he was breathing.

"Cub! Cub!" Fox yelled. Yassen's heart broken at the scene of what happen. Deathstalker walked closer to Alex.

"Well that's the end of Alex Rider." As he said that Alex wrapped his legs around his neck breaking his neck. Alex got the cuffs holding his hands unloose and fell to the ground. All the men in the room were surprised at what happen. The boy looked back at them with cold eyes.

"Get out of here before I kill all of you." All of them ran out but Yassen. Alex walked over to Fox and untied him.

"You okay Alex?" Fox asked.

"I'm fine. Let's go." Alex stopped to look at Yassen. "I'm going to kill you one day Yassen. I still have promise to keep." Alex and Fox walked out of the room. Fox had a gun in his hand from Deathstalker and Alex had one from knocking a guard out. Fox was in front of Alex. Alex keep back cause his shoulder really hurt. Then Yassen was in front of Fox and Alex with a gun. They heard gun fire.

"I'm sorry Alex." Yassen said. He fire his gun which hit Fox in his left shoulder making him fall to the ground. Yassen was gone.

"Fox!" Alex knelled down to the ground and took some cloth and pressed it against his wound. "Fox! Stay with me please. I can't lose any more friends." Some SAS solders came and found them.

"Wolf we found them. Both of them are hurt pretty badly." One of the men said into their radio. The medics pushed Alex away from Fox and they worked on stopping the bleeding. Another one check on Alex but he would not let the medic touch him. The rest of his team came running down the hall. They took Fox out on a stretcher while Alex stayed put and had the scene play over and over in his head.

"Cub. Cub! Alex!" Wolf yelled at Alex. Alex would not respond. Alex was still losing a lot of blood from his wound in his shoulder. Snake came and looked at Alex. Snake was surprised that he was still awake. Alex was more beat up than Fox. Wolf started shaking Alex.

"Wolf, he's in shock and that's not going to help." Snake said. They lead Alex out of the building and into the open air. They had a blanket over Alex and put him in the helicopter and they flew off to the hospital. Alex had not said anything the whole time. Snake was trying to help Alex but Alex was as stiff as a bored. By the time they got to the hospital Fox was fine and Alex would not let anyone help him.

"Cub, snap out of it. The doctor needs to see your wound." Wolf said. Alex just looked at the floor. Alex wanted to die. He could not handle anyone else being hurt. Fox got hurt because of him. Alex closed his eyes and a tear went down the side of his cheek. "Cub, Fox is fine. He's out of surgery and sleeping." Wolf said in his ear. They stayed like that for another hour before Alex would let the doctor touch his wounds. They patched up his back and took out the bullet that only went through his skin and cracked a small bone. Alex was sitting on the bed looking at the floor with his whole torso covered in bandages. The others were not in the room with Alex. They were with Fox. Ms. Jones walked in.

"Alex, how you feeling?" She asked. Alex didn't answer. "Alex. I need an answer. I really need to know if your okay." She said concerned. She was about to leave when he spoke quietly.

"No." He said. She walked back to Alex and gave him a hug and he burst into tears. He remembered Jack dying and then Sabina and Tom. Now with Fox almost dying it was too much for him. He fell asleep and she laid him down on the bed and put a cover on him and left the room. Fox was awake and was going to leave that after noon. Alex was going to be discharged as well. His birthday was the next day and everyone was excited but Alex.