1

A thousand raindrops poked on the glass window just outside his cafe, the sad yet relaxing sound made him sigh as he leaned his chin on the counter. It was a cold, dark weather, he wondered how many people will get in and greet them with a warm smile to ease his loneliness.

"Hey guys, I'm back from work. You can go now Ten, we'll look after the cafe." A friend greeted while grabbing the apron the other gave him. That made Ten smile, he can finally go home and relax. "Thanks Hendery, I'll be back tomorrow afternoon." He replied as he excitedly took off his apron, leaving his three friends inside.

He opened his umbrella as he stepped out of the cafe, he then began to walk on the puddly street after, quietly humming his favorite song while putting his earphones into his ears. A few steps he had taken, he noticed someone sitting under the tree. It was a little girl, looking like she's crying. As a worried man, Ten hurriedly ran towards her to ask her if she needs anything. She was sitting there under the tree as her shelter, the wind and rain are pretty strong so the leaves protecting her were just pointless.

"Oh my! You might get sick! Please seek some shelter sweetie." He quickly offered his umbrella to the girl. Curious about the voice above her, she looked up to see who the stranger was. "I'm waiting for my brother. It's been hours now, and he still didn't came back. I'm getting hungry sir..." She cried. Now Ten just thought of an idea, maybe he would go back to the cafe with the girl and feed her, or take her home and dry her up to make sure that she wouldn't get sick. "Where do you live? Where are your parents sweetie?" Ten gently asked.

"Our parents left us here two years ago... And we just sleep everywhere..."

"Oh... Is that so? Then, how about you stay at my home and we'll find your brother together tomorrow. Are you fine about that?" She gave him a worried look, just like what Ten was expecting. Criminals are roaming around everytime and everywhere, no age, gender, and race are safe from those people. "I understand that you're scared of me, but I don't have a reason to kill or sell children. I just want to make sure that you're not getting sick while waiting for your brother." Ten then gave her a smile. It looks like he's slowly getting her trust, she slowly grabbed his hand and nodded as a response to his offer. "Don't worry, I believe that your brother is safe. I'll make sure to keep you safe too!" The girl mirrored his smile, making his gloomy day brighten.

Ten hurriedly offered her a towel when they arrive at his house after an eight minute drive, he let out a soft giggle when he saw her reaction while looking at the view inside his house. "Come on, it's not that fancy. It looks just like a normal house you know."

"No sir, it looks really big to me!" He just realized that she never had experienced being at home in a while, or worse, since birth. He has a two-storey house, not that huge, not that small either, just a normal sized house for someone who lives alone. "Hmm, maybe it looks big because I only got a few things here. Well, you should take a bath now! I'll go prepare your clothes." He then headed to his room and searched for those children's clothes he randomly bought. But before that, he lead her to the bathroom first.

Half an hour later, the little girl was finally done with her shower, wore the clothes Ten gave him and followed him to the kitchen after. She tried her best not to touch anything or else she would pay for those things if she breaks it, of course Ten noticed it, he find it kinda cute but also sad. "Well, I made some ramen today to warm up our tummy." Ten offered his hand, which she gladly accepted. He led her to the kitchen, he is happy and proud of himself for making a kid trust her that instant, maybe he didn't look that intimidating like his friends always say.

In the middle of their warm meal, a wave of realization just hit Ten. He forgot to introduce himself or even ask for her name. "Oh! I forgot! I'm Ten by the way, my name's long so just call me Ten."

"I-I'm Cherrie." She lowered her head. "How old are you, Cherrie?" She then raised her hands and showed him four of her fingers. "Oh, so you're four years old?" She nodded once again. "Nice to meet you Cherrie. If you want to, you can stay here as long as you want." Ten can see how happy the girl was without showing him that she felt that way, it made him happy as well.  "Really? But is it okay if I live here with my brother?"

"Silly! There's no need to ask that question, you and your brother are welcome here."

Ten always wanted to have a child, he wants to raise one even though he doesn't want to deal something with women. Cherrie coming in to his life made him feel so happy.

Hours have passed and the rain had finally stopped, making the moon shine brighter. Cherrie was already in her new, comfortable room while Ten was still working on some art commissions. He then remembered that he have to spread the great news to his friends so he immediately called them without thinking twice.

"What is it this time? Finally got a date?"

YangYang was the first one to speak, as usual. "No, but I have something great to tell you." Ten squealed with pure enthusiasm spreading all over his body.

"Ooh! What is it please?!"

Hendery mirrored his enthusiasm, Lucas also did the same. Ten took a deep breath, now ready to tell them the happy news. "I met a little girl on my way home, and I decided to take her home and raise her as my own child."

There was silence after that...

"Um... What?! That quick?!"

YangYang's voice from the other line echoed around Ten's room, making him distancing his phone a few inches from his ear. "Yeah, but let me explain! She was looking for her twin brother, and I can't just leave her under the rain."

"Well, at least your hundreds of children's clothes you bought won't go to any waste."

Ten responded a soft chuckle, imagining his life with Cherrie and her twin brother.

It must be nice...

"Oh! Yeah, I still have to finish this art commission. See you tomorrow YangYang, Hendery."

After the three responded to Ten, he immediately hung up the call and did what he has to finish.

He smiled as he imagined what the twin brother would look like, and what he would react if he tells him that he will be adopting the two of them. Ten couldn't wait for tomorrow, and hoped that his day will be just like he expected.

I mean, he's just looking for Cherrie's brother, of course it wouldn't be a bad day...

Right?

💚