🍂 Chapter 4 🍂

The night was growing darker with the passing time and sleep seemed to be far away from his eyes as his heart and mind were at race pondering upon various things. All the memories of his home since his childhood till his departure played in front of his eyes and this made a train of emotions run in his heart which brought at times smiles on his lips or tears in his eyes. His memories with his siblings, father,mother,jetha Moshai, friends living in neighbourhood all were crystal clear for him. His days in London were also playing on his mind. But all this was making him feel uneasy and thus he decided to divert his mind from all this and to do so he started talking to the baggi driver on various topics and tried to figure out the changes that took place here after he left.

Whatever the driver was saying was not at all satisfying for him because he learnt that what he heard back in London from the people there about his nation was absolutely true. The nation was actually in an bad social position and especially the women here were in worst situation than any. He sighed at this but determined to do something for this as he was back with this very purpose on his mind but was completely clueless how and where to start with and most importantly will his family support him, but this wasn't something that mattered because he was completely determined in this matter.
He saw the sun coming slightly up indicating it will be dawn soon. He asked the driver how long would it take to reach Tulsipur, and he was told that they are almost there just few minutes away and hearing this heart started pounding fast with excitement and anxiety at the same time....

×~~~~×

Roychowdhury Haveli,

The entire Roychowdhury haveli was busy at this very early hours of the day with loads of works as people were running to and fro doing the works alloted to them by there Didi Malkin on the occasion of janmadivas (birthday) of her Baba and Jetha Moshai and she wanted it all to be perfect as perfection was a thing these two brothers had always liked the same way though they both were poles apart from each other. Wrapped in an pink pure silk saree with minimal jewellery and freshly bathed Sharvari was running here and there instructing people around in her voice of authority and along with that she was overlooking the Prasad she had made for the bhog for her Dugga maa as per her Jetha Moshai's instructions as he was very strict when it to came to age old family traditions and the religion and she didn't wanted to upset him atleast not on his janmadivas. As she was done with the Prasad she saw it was almost dawn and now she needed to wake her brothers up or they would surely end up getting scolded by their Jetha Moshai. Telling Koyeli to keep an eye on the arrangements and the Prasad she began to move towards the rooms of her brothers.
She was walking in total hurry and was murmuring to herself,
" Kaha tha Som se aur Batuk se jaldi uth Jana kal par dono saheb abhi bhi ghode bech kar soo rahe hai. Kabhi meri baat nahi mante toh kabhi Maan jate hai par wahi baat nahi mante jo pahile manni chahiye, wait and watch what I will do with these two if the show me tantrums for getting up..."
And while doing so she was so much engrossed in herself that she bumped into someone with a great force that she was about to fall but she was held by two protective hands immediately preventing her from falling. Realising that she didn't fall and was actually held by someone she opened her eyes which she had closed with the fear of falling down, seeing that person she just said, "Aap??"

Zamindar Trilochan Roychowdhury who just came out after getting ready for the day was inspecting the preparations done by his niece and was impressed with her efforts and said to Bihari who was standing beside him,
" Kehna padega Bihari umra Kam hai hamari Mishti ki par kam mein ekdum pakki hai, sari tayari ekdum sahi se ki hai kahi bhi koi kami ya shikayat ki jaga nahi rakhi hai aur usse bhi zyada ahem baat yeh ki , yeh sab usne akele kiya hai."
"Ji bade Malik , didi malkin kabhi nahi chukti hai aur sabhi se sahi se aur pyaar se kaam karva leti hai"
Bihari said praising his didi malkin of whom he was fond of.
"Aree ha ha, kyu na kare akhir kar zamindaron ki beti jo hai"
Said the zamindar being proud of his niece who was like his very own daughter and someone who he loved the most after his eldest nephew. He won't accept it aloud but deep inside his heart even he knew that he loved her more even than any of his nephews, though he loved all these four siblings as he was the one who raised them after their mother's death but the elder two Anirudh and Sharvari were more special to him. His chain of thoughts was broken by Bihari's words,
"Ji Malik, aur Malik Pooja mein abhi bhi thoda samai bakki hai agar aap kahe toh apke liye aapki chai la du ??"
"Nahi abhi nahi Pooja ke baad, hum ab hamare kamre mein ja rahe hai ek kaam hai , par tum ye dekhna ki pooja ke wakt Ghar ke sabhi log waha ho, samjhe??"
He said to which Bihari replied with an affirmative nod and after this the zamindar went away towards his room.