The future you despised

A rumor started spreading around.

To be fair, not a lot of people are surprised. But instead of it being about a ghost or a supernatural, it was about a classmate. One in Kou's class.

Apparently, the rumor spread quickly like a disease, every classmate slowly started talking about her, saying she's a psychic. They stated that she tells them about their future, time and how good or bad it is may vary, but it happened at some point. Responses of their future are mixed results, but either way, they talk about her.

It made Kou curious.

He never paid attention to her until a few weeks ago, which was when the rumor started. He got curious once his friend, Satou, got his future and told Kou about it. Kou couldn't remember what exactly it was, it was something about his father and a new job. Later, maybe 3 days, Satou said that it came true, and that his father got a better job.

At first, he thought it was a coincidence, but then, more and more people keep talking about it, and how their futures somehow keep coming true. He didn't know how it was possible. A normal human being actually capable to tell futures? It almost sounded like a myth in itself. He got more and more curious as the days went on. He didn't tell Senpai or Teru yet, mostly keeping the fact that he's curious of what his future holds to himself.

He peeked at the girl once in a while, looking at her read a normal book, use a normal pencil, with a normal backpack, while having a normal attire. Nothing out of the ordinary. So how can someone ordinary be able to tell prophesies? It was weird, but he was too curious to figure that out. He wanted to know about his future, for an unknown reason. His friends got futures that were surprisingly lucky. Maybe he could get something lucky too?

He could pass a major test.

He could ask Senpai out, and she'd say yes.

He could excel at being an exorcist and take Hanako down.

So many possibilities, and what if Kou hit jackpot and get one of those rare occurrences. It's strange for him being this curious, but he couldn't help himself.

He could help himself when he walked up to the girl before class began.

She looked up from her book, staring right into his eyes. "Yeah?" Her voice was deeper compared to the other females, but other than that, nothing weird or out of the blue.

"Can you tell...futures?"

She blinked and closed her book. She was silent for a bit, before finally nodding. Her upper lip did this weird thing, where it curved into the shape of a 'U'. It looked a bit strange, but he didn't say anything.

"Can you tell me mine?"

"Anything specific your wanna know?" She mumbled, almost like it was a secret.

"Uh...Not really. Something good, you know?"

"I can't make futures good, they vary from being good or bad."

"I know, but...I just wanna know if I have a good future or not."

She nodded, "I'll...see what I can do during lunch."

...

Kou sat impatiently at his seat, looking around to see his class eating their food. He couldn't really eat, mostly just seeing if she's nearby. A tap on his shoulder made him turn around and look up, the female prophet staring into his soul. She motioned for him to come, and he did it without asking. He knew right then and there that it was about his future.