It doesn't get better

It had been a few days since they had that conversation at the park.

After that, Kou and Yashiro talked more often. He would help her in the garden, and even went to her house to help with her chores. She greeted him more kindly and talked to him as if he was her own brother. She helped him with his homework whenever he got stuck on it too. Basically, they comforted each other and got more closer than before, much to their liking.

Speaking of getting closer, Kou and the prophet sometimes talk during lunch. He learned recently that their name was, 'Yogen-Chan', as he liked to call it. Or preferred to. He didn't have to, but he persisted in being formal. He didn't get a vision from them after that day though. But he was patient...Actually, not really. We was impatient, worried even. Kou wanted to ask them about it, but didn't know if it was his place to do so. Yet, he doesn't even know how or when he'll die, nor when Hanako...Will do that. But...He kept his word, and didn't try to push Yogen-Chan.

His future is in the palm of their hands, so he just has to trust their word on it.

It's not like he has a choice in the matter anyway.

...

The sun slowly set as the sky turned into a mixture of pink and orange. Yashiro and Kou talked to each other, which was now the norm for them. Hanako, however, didn't know how to feel about the new norm. He stayed at the sidelines while the duo chatted about stuff he could care less about. This was happening for, basically, almost the whole week. At first, he was caught off-guard seeing the two so comfortable and in their bubble, but he chose to ignore it. But as it went on, the more he realized how comfortable they are, and how they paid attention to each other more than to Hanako.

It was almost frustrating.

He was bored off his ass, and the teens didn't even give him a glance. He would try to tease Nene about something, and it would end up turning into a conversation between the duo again. Then when he tried to talk to Kou, it was almost like he was being ignored. He noticed it for the past few days. He wasn't blind. Kou was either always looking away from him or eyeing him in a way that seemed he was expecting him to attack. And when he was about to say something right before they leave, Kou would close the door before he finishes. It was weird.

The more days go by, the more frustrated he is about the situation. Yashiro isn't the problem here, considering that she still talked to him. Kou, however, is. This started when he began to ignore him, for whatever bullshit reason that would be. He couldn't care less about the reason though. He just wanted this small occurrence to be over with.

Hanako, once again, stayed in the side as Yashiro cleaned the stalls while Kou swept. They were now talking about celebrities, and how attractive they are. So interesting...

He paid attention to their movements, watching Yashiro's body be relaxed and overall calm. Her face matched her features, it being bright and soft. Her hands were covered with yellow, rubber gloves as she cleaned the toilets while talking about a celebrity that she found handsome. She would honestly talk for hours about how many celebrity crushes she had.

Then there was Kou.

Kou's shoulders were visibly tense, and his face looked a bit stiff. He seemed to be trying to look calm, but was doing a lethargic job. His hands clenched the stick like a lifeline and his movements seem twitchy, impatient. Didn't fit the vibe of Yashiro at all. Something was going on with him. Something was making him feel on edge. Hanako was curious, for whatever reason. He wanted to know the cause of this weird behavior. Kou would usually be in a cheery mood, or at least tries to, and it would sometimes work. This doesn't even seem like he's trying.