Ruined his own future

"Kou-Kun?"

He blinked slowly before raising his head. Yashiro was holding her hamster between her hands, looking at him with worry. "You look tired. You haven't told me about what you meant that day."

"H-Huh?"

"About you and Hanako. You said that something bad was going to happen between you two."

He gripped his knees before clearing his throat. "I don't really know how to explain it, but the classmate I told you about...They...Told me to watch out."

"I see," She looked at her hamster and fed them their food. "I knew something was happening between you two...You looked too tense."

He looked away in embarrassment before looking unsettled. "Was I that obvious?"

"I'm not sure, considering that I kept a closer eye on you, I noticed small details of the way you acted. Not sure if Hanako-Kun noticed. He probably did..."

He gripped his jeans and sighed irritatedly. Yashiro caught on and slowly offered her hamster to Kou. He looked at her pet before looking up at the short girl. "Come on, they don't bite!"

He smiled, even if it did look forced, and slowly grabbed the hamster from her hands. He held them and smiled even wider. Nene crawled onto the bed and sat next to him, smiling at him. "I don't like you being upset," He turned his head towards her, seeing her hug her legs. "It's not like you."

"I could say the same to you."

She giggled for a bit, before having an upset face. He could see tears forming in her eyes, but he didn't say anything. It was valid that she'd cry. Especially at a time like this. She took a deep breath before letting out a broken cry. He tried to not make a sad frown, but he couldn't hide it. He extended his right arm towards Yashiro, letting her head rest on his shoulder as she silently cried. Or attempted to.

"I-I don't-" She sniffed and sighed, hiccuping slightly. "I don't want to lose you...I-I didn't want our friendship to end up like this..." He knew she mostly referred to him and Hanako. He honestly didn't want it to be like this either. He wanted to take back asking for a vision. Maybe then, the three would be clueless, but happy.

He patted her hair and sighed. "It'll get better, Senpai."

He was lying. He didn't think it would get better.

And neither did Yashiro.

Yet, she nodded and responded with a sad, "Yeah."

...

Yogen-Chan didn't talk to him after that.

He didn't understand why.

Every time he tried to talk to them, they'd be talking to someone else or be busy with whatever else they're doing. It left him confused, worried even. Did this mean they weren't friends anymore? It hasn't even been that long, and they already left him. His friends...He can't say that he trusts them completely. The only person he could trust the most at this very moment was Yashiro, and even then, he didn't completely tell the whole story.

He worries of telling his family. Teru is always busy, it almost feels like he doesn't have time for him anymore. Tiara is an obvious no, she's too young to know. There's no else besides them.

There really is no other person.

As he tapped his pencil against his desk, he's thinking of what to do. He's not sure if he should go to the girls' bathroom anymore. It'd be understandable, but if he did, what would Hanako do? He's going to find one way or another to find out the truth, so should Kou face him head on? He can't even exorcise him. He doesn't even have the upper hand. Could he make an excuse? And if he did, would Hanako catch his lie?