34

AVA WALKED INTO the kitchen, as I turned off the stove and turned to look at her. She was wearing a bikini, which made me arch my brow in question.
"It's a beautiful day, we should take a swim," she took a seat on a kitchen stool.
"I'll go change," I smiled at her and placed the plate of eggs and bacon in front of her.
"Both scrambled and over-easy?" I shrugged.
"I didn't know which one you prefer," she stretched her hand out for me to take.
"Both is fine, but over-easy is better," she rubbed her thumb against the top of my palm and gave me a warm smile in appreciation, "thank you for breakfast."
"Anything for you," I kissed the side of her head, before attempting to walk out of the kitchen, but she grabbed my wrist.
"Awe, come on, eat with me," I turned and shook my head, "please, you barely eat, get fat for me," she pleaded.
"You want me to get fat?" She nodded and grinned.
"The right term is fluffy."
"Yeah, I'm not going back to those days," she arched her brow, making me groan.
"And which days were those?" I took a deep breath and walked closer to her.
"I was chubby when I was a kid," she pouted and pinched my cheek.
"I bet you were adorable, why haven't I ever seen a photo of chubby Kylie?" I pressed my lips together and fiddled with my fingers.
"I didn't take pictures back then, I was ugly."
"Don't say that, everyone is beautiful in their own way, size doesn't matter, at least it doesn't to me," I leaned against the counter.
"Says miss perfect. You look like you fell straight out of a fashion magazine," I looked at her body and bit down on my bottom lip, "literally."
"Oh, shut up, I wasn't always like this either," she explained, making me become curious.
"You had breast implants, didn't you?" She smacked my arm and frowned.
"No, you fucker."
"That hurt," I rubbed the spot and pouted.
"I had acne."
"Yeah, right," I scoffed, "you were probably the hottest chick in high school back then," she shook her head.
"Not even close, it was bad, like..." she gestured to her face, "really bad."
"I bet you were still amazingly beautiful," she smiled and looked at the plate of food in front of her.
"Those weren't my best years, everyone always told me that my acne was so bad, and that I should use this product or that product, it was frustrating and it made me very self-conscious about myself."
"But that doesn't make you any different."
"Same goes for weight, it doesn't define us. I learnt how to accept myself for who I am and in time the acne went away. It was just puberty, but regardless of acne or weight, it does not define a woman's beauty."
I ran the pad of my thumb over her forehead, "well-spoken, Miss Reese."
She picked up a piece of bacon with her fingers and took a bite, "it was ridiculous, you know, to be defined by what is on the outside, beauty doesn't matter if you don't have a good personality to go with it."
"That's true," I sighed and picked up a piece of bacon, before taking a bite, "we can get fluffy together," she smiled and placed her hand in mine for a handshake.
"Deal."
* * *
AFTER EATING BREAKFAST, I changed into a bikini, mine definitely not as sexy as Ava's, but it seemed good enough from the constant stares I got.
"Did I tell you that you look ravishing?" She whispered against my ear, as we dipped our feet into the pool.
"Only for the millionth time," I shoved her arm, "remember when you threw me into the pool?"
"It was a mistake and you slipped, don't make me sound so evil."
"But you are evil," I grinned and she wrapped her arm around my back, before placing a kiss on the back of my shoulder.
"I love you," she whispered, making me turn to look into her eyes.
"I love you too," I slipped into the pool, the cool water wrapping around my body, "come in, babe, I'll let you fondle me if you're a good girl."
"Okay, I didn't need to hear that," I heard Grandpa's voice and looked behind Ava to see him standing by the glass door.
Ava slipped into the pool and swam to the other end to avoid the awkwardness, "bitch," I muttered, as I pressed my lips together, "sorry, grandpa," I lowered my eyes to my reflection in the pool.
"It's okay, honey, you girls be careful. I just stopped in to collect something, I'll be heading out now," I nodded and he walked back into the house.
I then saw Midnight strolling pass the door and into the kitchen. I assumed that he was hungry. I turned to Ava and swam over to her, before splashing water in her face, "what's that for?"
"I just like it when you're wet," I grinned, as she copied my actions.