~4~ Fortune Cookies

Eddie broke his cookie and scoffed. "My fortune cookie just says could."

Richie opened his. "They don't know how to do fortune cookies here." he held his up. "Mine just says guess."

"Why only one word?" I asked. "That fucking stupid. That's not a fortune."

"Throw it over here." Bill stood up, moving some bottles and plates aside.

They handed Bill the fortunes they got and Bill started arranging them.

"Guess cut not could it." Richie read.

"That doesn't make sense." I said, peering over Bill's shoulder.

"It's a message." Mike realized.

"Guess it could not cut." Richie read.

"That doesn't-" Eddie stared.

"I don't know what that means."

Ben rearranged it again.

"It could not guess." Eddie read.

"No," I said, as Bill moved them around. "It could not cut."

"Wait, It. Is it talking about IT?" asked Eddie.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked.

"Did you fuck with the fortune cookies Mike?" asked Richie.

Mike sighed and shook his head, trying to talk but everyone kept interrupting him. 

"Let him speak man!" said Ben irritably.

"This is was IT does." Mike said.

Beverly put hers on. "Sorry, I forgot mine."

Hers said That.

"It could not guess that?" Richie asked.

I looked down at mine for the first time and froze. I stared at the word on it, not daring to move. This wasn't real. This couldn't be. Tears started streaming down my face.

Everyone realized I hadn't put mine yet. 

"What does yours say?" asked Richie cautiously.

I shook my head frantically. "It's not- It's-"

Bill nodded his head softly, and my hand shook as I placed mine on the table.

Everyone looked down at it.

Stanley.

"Woah. No. What?" everyone was mumbling.

"What the fuck did you do to those cookies Mike?" Richie yelled, walking over to me to place a hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't do anything!" Mike said angrily.

Bill rearranged the fortunes one last time. The final product read Guess that Stanley could not cut it.

"What does that mean?" I said shakily. "What the fuck does that MEAN?"

"Why does it say Stanley?" asked Eddie, paling slightly. "Will someone fucking answer me?"

"HOW THE FUCK SHOULD I KNOW." I yelled.

The table suddenly moved. The fortune cookies on the plate started shaking and quivering.

"Shit." I whispered.

A cookie jumped out of the plate and Beverly screamed slightly. Something shot out of the cookie. We all backed away.

"What the fuck is that man?" Richie placed a hand on his forehead. "Oh my God."

The rest of the creature crawled out. It was a mini baby's head on a scorpions body.