Chapter 10

«After this, I think I'm done. It should be enough», Kokomi thought to herself. «If someone gets close to them, one more time, at least a single bit, I'm going to have no mercy.»

She was thinking on her way to the Shrine. After all this tiring meeting, she wouldn't continue with her job for the day. Not like she had much to do, anyway.

She was careful enough to not stumble upon anyone on her route back, by going through a new route. It would take more time to get back, but that's what she was aiming for as well.

After a good while of walking, she finally arrived at Sangonomiya Shrine. She was really tired, since it was a long walk, but then again, it'd be easier to fall asleep.

A tranquil night went by, just like any other night of any other day.

In the morning, on your part, you were getting up from bed after a good rest. It was a bit hard to wake up completely, but after some minutes you achieved it.

You began getting ready for another day at The Resistance, heading to your normal patrolling spot.

«Huh... Gorou's not here. I wonder if he's late for some reason today?», you wondered as you got there. «Maybe he overslept a tiny bit.»

You stayed there for a while, before you began to worry. He still hasn't shown up. He isn't the kind of person to be late.

«Alright, I'm getting nervous... I should do something», you said to yourself as you turned around to go and look for him somewhere.

A person came from behind you, and greeted you.

"Oh, hello, Y/N. What were you doing?", she said. Kokomi asked what was up.

"Ah, I was just doing the usual. Patrolling, and stuff... but Gorou hasn't shown up yet. Wonder if something happened?", you told her the possibility.

"Oh, right. I haven't noticed. Let's go look for him." She suggested.

And then the journey began. A short one, though. You wouldn't have to find him in that long, right?

You looked here and there, checked this and that, searched anywhere. Still no clue.

"Okay, this is kind of worrying. Shouldn't we-", you stopped yourself, when you saw a small figure under Bourou Village.

"What's wrong?", Kokomi asked, and looked over to where you looked.

"Isn't that him...?", you asked. It was. You hurried up to get down and find him.

"Gorou! Gorou! What are you doing here?!", you said as you ran to where he was.

Upon getting closer, your eyesight became clearer. He wasn't just standing. He was laying. He wasn't sleeping. He was dead.