Chapter 2

Several hours after you met Yoimiya in Hanamizaka, and a few hours before you were going to meet each other at the Komore Tea House, you were in Fort Fujitou, doing a little practice with Gorou. He was showing you the way he used his skills on the bow and you were showing him how you did it in return.

"Have you tried doing it this way?", Gorou recommended. He arched the arrow a little to the left, and when he fired the arrow it diverted to that side.

"With this way, maybe you can hit two enemies in a row with one arrow." He affirmed. "Let me try it again." He did as he said, but this time having two mannequins as his targets.

He fired his arched arrow, and it diverted to the side; he hit the two mannequins and they fell to the ground.

"Woah, Gorou, that's amazing!", you were surprised. "How did you come up with this?"

"Well, the truth is that one time I accidentally placed my arrow the wrong way. But it did hit someone in the end, so I thought of trying it out again." He smiled.

"Can I try it?", you asked.

"But of course!", your friend said.

You tried placing the arrow the way you had just seen him do, but accidentally let go of the bow's string too early, making the arrow fire and hit the targets fastly.

It all went too fast for you to notice, but Gorou seemed surprised by the way you used his trick.

"Wow! You have such a good strategy! How did you get it to shoot that fast?", he asked, amazed.

"I... only did it on accident.", you admitted.

"Huh? Just like I did? Well, nevertheless, you can still shoot down many enemies like that." He stated. "Anyway, can you show me the way you use the bow?"

"Oh, right! Well, for this trick I use, I grab a few arrows...", you grabbed 3 arrows as you explained, "place them together, and fire at the same time." You let go of the bow's string.

Gorou's ear twitched as the sound of the arrows shot through the air, observing how the three arrows were still going towards the "target" together, not deviating their way to the ground.

"Wait, how...?", he seemed confused. "How do they not fall?"

"Well, you just hold them firmly and they'll fire together as if they were one.", you told him.

"Ah, really? Then let me try." He grabbed his arrows and performed the same trick you had done, but one of the arrows fell.

«I'll need to hold them more firmly», he affirmed to himself.

Just as he tried again, the trick worked.

"Good job!", you congratulated him.