Children of the Red Room

The war started almost 10 years ago. While that doesn't seem like such a long time to some people, there are kids who had suffered greatly from it for almost their entire lives. They were barely 5 years old when it all started. Having no idea how to survive in the mass destruction, their families fled and they lived miles away from the city with what they could manage. As time passed, children grew to be teenagers and they became braver, they learned the skills to survive on their own and for a while, they were happy. But they had nothing else other than each other. Living far away from the city meant, they were away from socialisation and they soon understood that they were outcasts. They began to think it was unfair and they desired more than a small village in the woods. They wanted to see the city, roam its streets. But it was almost impossible. The entrances of the city were heavily guarded, leviathans blocked the roads and robbed people within 2 miles outside of the city. So, no outcasts would dare to get close. Until, a group of teenagers who lived for the thrills of live and adventure decided that it was time for things to change. They were going to get inside the city and invade the leviathans. But this wasn't some hunting game they played. This was far more important and dangerous and they would have to pay with their lives if they failed, so they needed to be careful. They needed to move slow and make wise decisions. There was no room for mistakes.