Chapter 1

Saiko

It was a quiet night

It was a quiet night. The stars were shining above the sky and under the moonlight, the woods looked beautiful. The zombie squad, a group of Pariah teenagers, was closing in on the city of Atland. It was once their home, before the war began. Although, they barely remember it. They were robbed from the homes at a young age. They had nothing to begin the lives with except each other. Now, they were going back to claim what was rightfully theirs. But they couldn't travel on the main highway because leviathans was crawling everywhere, doing whatever they can to whoever they catch. So, the squad traveled through the woods. They know these woods, they lived in them almost their entire lives.

When these kids met each other, they were already at the Red Room. Back then, the Red Room was just a camping ground, made up of nothing but a few tents. Now, they had evolved into a decent village. The kids warmed up to each other pretty fast. They did everything together, went everywhere together, and they grew up together. When they were old enough, the trained together to fight and to survive. They all made a promise to take back the city one day.

"We're about a mile away from the main gates. We'll need to come up with a plan to get inside" said Sheena, her long dark hair resting on her shoulders. She wore a black beanie and a hoodie. Her eyes sparkled under the dimmed moonlight. She was twisting her ring on her finger as she sat on the tree log in front of the fire.

Saiko sat next to Sheena with his arms around her shoulders, "we'll just shoot the guards" he said. The woods crackled as they burned, the warmth of the fire reaching to everyone who sat around it. The night was silent but the squad was not.

"No, we don't want to make enemies with the Wolves", Billy replied. He was sitting across from Sheena and Saiko with his legs spreaded out from each other. He held a stick in his hand. Billy's hair was brown on the top but black on the sides. He wore round glasses and a small earring on his left ear.

"It gets the job done," Saiko argued. Sheena simply looked back and forth between the two guys. The Wolves were led by Robbie and no one could get pass him. He was a great leader but also an intimidating one. Most of the squad had no desire to fight against him. In fact, their plan was to get help from him.

"We are not becoming the enemy of the Wolves," Billy said.

"Alright, enough," Sheena snapped in. She gently removed Saiko's arm from her shoulders and held his hand. Saiko and Sheena were dating and it was no secret. They had been for the past few months.

"We'll get around the guards quietly. There's no need for violence, we just have to be careful." Sheena said to both of the guys.

The sound of leaf crunches made all three of them look into the shadows. "Sheena once again saved the day," said a voice from the dark. It belonged to Em.

Em was just as beautiful as Sheena was. Her brown eyes sparked as she stepped out of the dark and saw the fire. She had gone into the woods to find supplies so she was holding a hand full of woods. Her hockey stick was resting on her back. She alway carried it around. It was her ultimate weapon.