Chapter 2

Robbie

Saiko sat on a hill about

Saiko sat on a hill about .5 miles away from the gate. The gate was bigger than any of them had thought. Ten guards stood outside of it with their rifles. Some of them were chatting and some gambling with each other.

Billy and Katlyn hid behind the trees and waited for a good timing to cause the distraction. Sheena, Em, and Ara were on stand by and ready to sneak in as soon as Billy and Katlyn worked their magic. Saiko patiently waited on the hill, his sniper rifle in position to open fire.

Boom! A small but loud explosion went off somewhere in the woods.

"Who was that!?" Saiko said through the comms.

The guards were now on high alert, they picked up their weapons and looked for the source of the explosion.

"I don't know. Wasn't us," Katlyn said.

"IT'S THE LEVIATHANS!", yelled Ara from behind. Shots fired from distance, deep in the woods. Then, the fight spread out on the highway. Soon the highway in front of the gate became a war zone and the kids were in the middle of it. They figured they could make a run for it while everyone was busy but they quickly got caught in the fight. Although they had help from higher ground. The guards, however, mistook them as leviathans and tried to kill them.

Billy was running towards the gate when he was stopped by a man. The man was about 6 feet tall and Billy was much smaller. He knew the fight would be unfair but he didn't have a choice. He charged himself at the giant before him. He pinned down the man on the ground, each of his knees pressed into the guy's arms, he dived his fist into the man's face. But he could only take a couple punches before the man overpowered him and got his hands bond to his back. Billy struggled and desperately tried to break his way out but the man was too strong. Saiko saw the scene and he immediately shot the man in the head. The man collapsed to the ground. Billy stood up, looked up the hill, and gave Saiko a thumbs up.

Em was swinging her hockey stick at people. She didn't care much who she was fighting against, as long as she was hitting someone. Sheena was a bit careful but she, too, swang her axe at everyone who came at her. Men panicked as they tried to find the sniper but Saiko was well hidden in the hills. Katlyn loved throwing her knives and she made sure she used that skill in the fight. Ara was responsible for the rain of bullets above the enemy. What was supposed to be a quiet mission became a mess in a war.

At last, the squad had slain every member of the leviathan group. Guards couldn't do much during the fight against the leviathans so the squad practically saved them. But they were captured by the remaining guards and were taken to the headquarters.
~~~~~~~
"Well, we got inside. Just not the way we thought." Ara whispered to Sheena in the hallway. The ride to the headquarters was about an hour away. The guards took their weapons and put them in handcuffs. How rude of them to treat someone who saved their lives like this? Sheena thought. Now, they were walking through a dark hallway that seemed to stretch out forever with five guards on every side of them. They all wore the same jacket with the same wolf symbol printed on the sleeves.