A first catch

Y/n Pov
I had just defeated Serena in my first battle. It was exciting. I checked Satoshi and saw his stats had changed. He had grew to level 6 after the battle. Anyway, after I hid my good byes to my friends before I leave them to pursue my journey. I venture towards route 2, on my way to Santalune Forest. I was met by a trainer who looked around the same age as me, maybe a bit younger. He wore a blue hoodie and brown shorts.

Our eyes met with other as he said what needed to be said

Youngster Austin:My name is Youngster Austin. Our eyes met which means we have to battle!
I never understood why trainers claim a class and they battle with almost the same pokemon. I mean I understand gym leaders, elite Four members and champions need to have that kind of title. But regardless I grab my pokeball and send out Satoshi. Austin sends out a Zigzagoon.
Me:Satoshi use growl!
Austin:Tackle!
Satoshi glows white cause of the protean change before the spiky rodent slams into his chest. He let's out a cry of pain before he screams into his opponent's face which lowered Zigzagoon's attack.
Me:Use pound!
Satoshi's paw begins to glow as he slams it into Zigzagoon. The normal type wails in pain.
Austin:Use tail whip!
Me:Bubble!
Zigzagoon whips his tail slightly against Satoshi as my frog turned a dark shade of blue before he let's out a flurry of bubbles that slam into the normal type. Zigzagoon skids across the ground. The health bar above the raccoon is red. One more attack will end this battle.
Austin:Use tackle!
Me:Use bubble!
Before the rodent could could Satoshi sends a wave of bubbles that slam into Zigzagoon. The health bar goes to zero and Austin returns his pokemon. He pays with with 250 pokedollars and I move on. While I travel closer to Santalune Forest I hear rustling within the grass patch. I get excited to catch my first pokemon. I walk towards it as the pokemon emerged from the grass. The pokemon was a green serpentine creature that walked on two feet. Her tail was shaped like a fan and she had a steely glare to her eyes.

Me:A snivy here? I have the catch her go Satoshi!I send out my ace as the battle begins

I send out my ace as the battle begins. From the sight I can see the levels of the two pokemon. Satoshi is level 6 while the opposing Snivy is level 7. I may have the level disadvantage but I still have the speed advantage.
Me:Use bubble!
Satoshi sent a stream of water that collided with Snivy. However the attack did little damage to the grass type. Snivy countered with a leer as Satoshi's defense had lowered. I couldn't let her get the upper hand though.
Me:Use growl!
Satoshi glows white as he screeched at the grass type. Her attack stat falls as she stares menacingly at him. His movements is slowed down as sparks for slow electricity formed around him. He got paralyzed. This Snivy knew the egg move Glare. This made me want to catch her even more. But simce Satoshi is slower she was able to get the upper hand and strike him with a vine whip that sent him back. Since he turned into a normal type pokemon he only took neutral damage.
Me:Use pound!
I took my shot with the paralysis and it payed off with my frog being able to punch Snivy. The attack did double what it should've and Snivy's health went from green to amber. It was a critical hit. The Snivy then got furious as she sent another vine whip that smacked Satoshi and sent him to the ground. She was in the amber so I took my chance and got a pokeball out.
Me:Pokeball go!
I threw the pokeball and it made contact with Snivy. The grass type was then transformed into a red light that went inside of the ball. Once the light faded away the pokeball layed on the ground where Snivy once was. The pokeball shook once, then twice and then three times. The pokeball dinged signalling I had captured Snivy. The pokedex then lit up and spoke in its robotic and monotone voice.
Pokedex:Snivy has been added to your pokedex. This Snivy is female with the ability Contrary and the moves Glare (egg move) tackle, vine whip and leer and the modest nature.
Me:Wow both my pokemon have hidden abilities and egg moves. Anyway I think I will name you Empress.
After I caught Empress I made my way towards Santalune Forest.