A 'mysterious'gift

Y/n POV
I was battling a trainer with a Bunnelby with Empress as she took out the rabbit with a vine whip. The trainer gave me 350 poke dollars and left. The sand attack was still on the battlefield as I checked the stats of both of my pokemon.
Stats:Empress, level 10. Modest nature. Moves Vine whip, wrap, glare and tackle.
Satoshi, level 10. Naive nature. Moves quick attack, toxic spikes, lick and bubble.
As I checked the stats of my two pokemon I could hear a cry of a person in distress.
???:W-where you Shauna?! I-i am all alone and I think something will hur-
I immediately knew that it was Serena as I called out to her.
Me:Serena?
My honey blonde friend turned around with tears rolling down her face. It pained me to see her like this.
Me:Are you ok?
Serena:No! I was just with Shauna, trying to get through this stupid forest and then a damn sand attack comes in a seperates us. And now I am lost in a forest where bug type pokemon might come after me.
A wave of guilt comes over me as Serena looks at me with a little concern.
Serena:What's wrong with you?
Me:Uh well that might of been because of my battle. The guy I battle had his Bunnelby use a sand attack. Well as my way of saying sorry I'll take you out of the forest.
Serena was mad for about a second before use accepted my proposal. We made our way out of the forest, managing to battle more trainers and pokemon. By the end both of my pokemon grew by two levels each and Serena's Fennekin grew up to level 10. Anyway she left to go train for the gym while I decided to explore Santalune city.

Off in Hoenn
??? POV
I just defeated Brawly for my second gym battle. Now I was in Slateport city just after the first time I took part in a Pokémon Contest Spectacular, a staff member orderes by Lisa a famous coordinator in Hoenn gave me a special Pikachu called Cosplay Pikachu because according to her it matched my ccostume. The Pikachu had the hidden ability lightning rod and the move meteor mash. Actually she gave me two Pikachus. One was the rock star pikachu I just mentioned while the other was a libre pikachu. I had no use for two Pikachus and since I preferred the rock star pikachu I decided that I would give the libre pikachu to a friend. Fortunately my mom knows someone in Kalos whose son is also a trainer. So I sent over the pikachu I had originally named Astrape, named after the goddess of lightning . I hope she is treated well.

Back to Y/n
Y/n POV
I has come back from training out on route 4. Empress was level 16 while Satoshi had reached level 15. Their move sets had changed to empress knowing Glare, growth, vine whip and leaf tornado while Satoshi knew lick, toxic spikes, water pulse and quick attack. I had reached the pokemon to heal my team. After the nurse had healed my pokemon she told me I had a call. I went to the pc and it was my mother.
Mom:Hi sweetie.
Me:Hey Mom what's up?
Mom:Well I had a gift for you. It's in your inventory.
Me:Oh thanks mom
I end the call and head into my inventory to see that I had gotten a pikachu from a trainer called Brendan from Hoenn.

I put the pokemon on my team and check out her stats

Stats:This pikachu female and is nicknamed Astrape and has the lightning rod ability. This pokemon is level 20 with the moves quick attack, electro ball, flying press and thunder wave and the hasty nature.
I was flabbergasted at the level of this pikachu. This pikachu was just at my current obedience level for pokemon owned by other trainers. So if I was make pikachu viable for me to use I would have to first beat the gym leader. I would have to train hard for this.