Chapter 1

Hey loves! And welcome to the second installment of Bucky and Erica's story!

I've decided not to do a chapter count for this series, just write each chapter until my ancestors say, 'enough child.'

There is a time jump, so please keep that in mind!
Smut WARNING in this chapter, lots of fluff, mentions nightmares. You know the drill!

As always, HUGE shout out to my amazing Beta Bestie Jesse_Winter_Soldier! You are amazing, and I adore you!

In honor of Bucky Barnes's birthday today, I decided to post this! <3

So, buckle up, and let's get into it!

-Sif

One year later

One year later

Bucky couldn't wait to get back to the compound; he hadn't seen Erica in three weeks. He's been on a mission with Sam in Italy, thankful they weren't in blackout conditions so he could still communicate with her. He was ready to wrap his arms around her, breath in that coconut-scented shampoo she loved, but he was forced to stop off and meet with Doctor Raynor before heading back to the compound. He knew Erica was waiting for him. While she had declined the position on the team, she did accept the position to train the new batches of recruits with Rico, the latest addition to the team.

"James...James?" Doctor Raynor's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" he looked up at her, confused, blinking a few times.

"I asked how things were going." She adjusted her glasses.

Bucky cleared his throat, "Fine. Fine."

"You look tired. Are you sleeping?" she asked, taking in his tired eyes and dark circles.

"Few hours at a time.", he admitted. "We've been away from the compound."

"Nightmares?" she asked, flipping her pen down tapping the notepad.

"A few.", he admitted again.

She hummed as she wrote, "What were they about?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He looked out the window.

Doctor Raynor sat up a little straighter and leaned forward. "James, the whole point of this," she gestured between them, "is to help you; talking about it helps. I know it can be scary, but you know what makes you?" She took her glasses off, looking at him directly, "Human James, you are human. You are allowed to feel."

He took a deep breath, "I have been journaling again." He looked out the window.

"Are you remembering things?" she asked, raising a brow.

"No, I'm writing down my..." he took a deep breath, "feelings."

She smiled, making a quick note. "How are things at the compound? With Sam?"