4. Absolutely Bonkers

SONGS INCLUDED: 

Wake Up - Julie and The Phantoms

Bright - Julie and The Phantoms

         --

         --

         --

Delilah leaned through the doorframe of the girl's bedroom, she would knock but she wasn't sure she even knew how. "Hey, Julie?" She softly asked, "Can I come in for a second?"Julie looked annoyed but seemed to soften when she realized it was Delilah and not one of the boys. She let out a long sigh but finally gave in. "Sure." Delilah smiled at her and walked in "Mind if I sit?" she asked, gesturing to the bed. Julie patted the spot next to her in response. " I just wanted to talk for a second um," The older girl began quietly, almost in a whisper. "I know you've been struggling lately, it's really, really hard to lose a parent. When I was around 12 uh.. My dad left my mom and I with no explanation. He.. He was always so close to me and I thought our life was perfect but apparently to him it wasn't enough." Julie just watched as she spoke and tears started to stream down her cheeks. "To me it was like he died. I never saw him again, never heard from him again. I know that it's not the same but in a sense I know what you have been going through. I don't think I've ever fully dealt with what happened so I'm just here to let you know that if you want to maybe go through this together, I'm here for you and I think it might help you, and I think it might help me too." Julie had tears building in her eyes when Delilah finally looked up at her. Julie tried to grab her hand but it slipped through "I think it would be good too." She whispered. There was a moment of silence while the two girls sat there with tears in their eyes. "Delilah?" She heard a quiet question from the girl next to her. "Yeah?" She asked "Would you be willing to sing something for me? My mom wrote it for me before she died, and I play the piano but I don't really sing." Delilah smiled at her, "Of course I can." Julie led her back down to the studio and she sat at the piano and handed the older girl a piece of sheet music. Delilah smiled and nodded at her. The boys had disappeared but that didn't matter right now. Julie began playing the most beautiful song so Delilah began too.

"Here's one thing I want you to know. You got someplace to go. Life's a test, yes, but you go toe-to-toe You don't give up, no, you grow. And you use your pain 'Cause it makes you "you" Though I wish I could hold you through it."

She looked up at Julie who seemed lost in the music and she hoped Julie knew she really did care about her, after that talk she was like a little sister to her.

" I know it's not the same You got living to do And I just want you to do it So get up, get out, relight that spark You know the rest by heart Wake up, wake up if it's all you do Look out, look inside of you It's not what you lost It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain."

Delilah had started to get lost in the music too when she noticed Luke leaning against the door frame, before getting lost again, it was time to reclaim that piece of her soul that was taken from her when her father left, Julie was making it easier.

" Wake up your dream and make it true Look out, look inside of you It's not what you lost Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark Wake up, wake up Better wake those demons Just look them in the eye No reason not to try Life can be a mess I won't let it cloud my mind I'll let my fingers fly And I use the pain 'cause it's part of me And I'm ready to power through it Gonna find the strength, find the melody 'Cause you showed me how to do it"

Delilah directed it at Julie, it was the truth the two of them had a bond now, and neither of them would ever let the other go it alone.

"Get up, get out, relight that spark You know the rest by heart Wake up, wake up if it's all you do Look out, look inside of you It's not what you lost It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain Wake up your dream and make it true Look out, look inside of you It's not what you lost Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark Wake up, wake up So wake that spirit, spirit I wanna hear it, hear it No need to fear it, you're not alone You're gonna find your way, oh Wake up, wake up if it's all you do Look out, look inside of you It's not what you lost It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain Wake up your dream and make it true Look out, look inside of you When you feel lost Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark Wake up Mm-mm, wake up"