Chapter 3 - Seashore Discoveries

A few minutes walk from the coast, where the tide sweeps rocks and sand and occasionally a crab into the sea, sits an old shipwreck on a cliff. Despite its serious damage, it looked cheery and cosy. A small door had been fitted into it. Inside this calm abode, however, are millions of animals. Every corner of the main hall teems with the sounds of the animal kingdom. Many small doors have been fitted into the wood, and from one emerged a tall young man, who's grey hair shines as brightly as the sea outside. He smiled calmly and raised one of his hands to shoulder-height. At once, an eagle settles itself on it. The boy smiles gently and leaves the ship, still balancing the eagle. 

Outside, it is much calmer. The boy stumbles down the cliff with the eagle in his hand. The edge of the sea now shines brightly before him, the rocks and sand and crabs in perfect view. The boy now lets the eagle fly a few minutes of freedom. In that small moment, he sat down by the rock and stared at the sea, thinking about his life. He was a sailor before the apocalypse, and loved the sea beyond anything else. But, now he was stuck isolated, thanks to the invading aliens. They were mercilessly capturing and murdering humans, eventually wiping away their existence. Hoping to evade them, this boy had used one of his old ships as a home and saved every animal he could find. 

Suddenly, something came through the tide. The boy got up and went near it to see. It was a necklace made of thread and small shells. A wooden dollar hung right in the middle. It had something engraved on it. 'To Kim Namjoon, thanks for your help.' Namjoon smiled warmly at the necklace. He pocketed it and was about to sit down when his eagle announced its return. Perching itself on Namjoon's arm again, it dropped something on his other hand. Namjoon looked at it curiously. It was a piece from a very complex motherboard. Thinking that it was one of the aliens' stuff, Namjoon dropped it and went back up the cliff. On the way, however, he could have sworn that he saw another boy hiding behind it...