𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥 - 𝟯

Melvin, Don, and Benny all sat up front while I had to sit in the bed of the truck. O'Bannion left with the shithead Clint. Low Rider started blasting on the radio. I started screaming the lyrics, "ALL MY FRIENDS KNOW THE LOW RIDER!" and Melvin joined in, "THE LOW RIDER IS A LITTLE HIGHER!" and we imitated the trumpets. We both continued to scream the lyrics the rest of the song.

We pulled up to the Emporium and went inside. The boys started playing pool and I just watched. Nothing much to do here. Especially when you're like me who is dog shit at pool and foosball. Wooderson, Pink, and that poor kid Mitch walk in. Wooderson is like my old brother. He's been friends with Teresa since high school and he'd always hang around.

Michelle and Pickford herd a bunch of our friends up and take them outside. Pink yells "Donny! Sylvy! I got a big surprise for ya. Come on." Pink says. "Let me make this shot. Oh, god!" He says and shoots. He makes the girl beside him hold onto his cue and says, "Hold onto this, tight.". I follow him outside to Pickford's car.

There are 2 colonial metal statues painted like KISS members. "Holy shit." I say and cover my mouth. "Woahhhh. Geez!" Slater says. One of the statues flute lookin things has a sparkler. "Nice tongue!" Don says. "Who painted em?" Don asks. "Mostly, Michelle." Pickford responds. They do the KISS tongue thing. These kids oh my lord. "Hey I got an idea." Don says crouching down to Pink who's standing next to me and Mitch. "What?" Pink asks. "A beer bust later on." Don says. "Hey man. Pickford's got a doob we're about to burn. You with us?" Slater asks with his most zooted face ever. "Think about it. Yeah." Don says and hops out of the bed of the truck. "You cool, man?" Slater asks Mitch. "Like how?" Mitch asks confused. "Okay." Slater says. "He was just askin if you get high." Pink tell Mitch. "Yeah, like smoke pot?" Mitch asks. Pink and I both respond with Yeah. "I never have before but, you know." Mitch says and shrugs. "Tonight might be your lucky night my friend." I say and pat the kids shoulder. "You've smoked weed?" Pink asks. "Only with Teresa and Wooderson but yeah." I say and shrug. "Later babes! I'm staying back!" I say as they get in the car. I get a wave of goodbyes from the boys.

I go back inside and chill. "Hey we're gonna go drive around and maybe catch some freshman. Wanna come?" Benny asks leaning against the wall. "Fuck a duck, man. Again? Fine." I say. Might as well since there ain't shit to do. We find 3 boys walking outside the rec center where the dance is. We come up behind them. They start screaming and running. They catch some little ginger with a striped shirt. "Get over there! Where you runnin to? We ain't gonna hurt ya much. Hold onto that fence and just squeal like a pig." O'Bannion says and does a pig squeal and laughs. Fuckin sadistic man. "You ready to switch hit?" O'Bannion asks Melvin. "Oh yeah." Melvin responds. "I'm first." O'Bannion says. Damn they got that kid good. Holy shit this is like a pig slaughter.

Jodie's car pulls up. "Hey. You guys! Take it easy on the kid!" Jodie shouts. "Ladies." Don addresses them. I hop out the car and lean on the back. "Hey Jodie. Hey Shavonne. Hey Kaye. And hey... what's your name?" I ask the wavy haired girl in the back. "Sabrina." She says with a smile. "Hi Sabrina." I say with a grin. She seems sweet. "Hey who is that kid?" Jodie asks. "Oh that kid there? Some kid we saw that shouldn't have been by the rec center." Don says and pops open a beer. I grab one and pop it open too. "Hey can we have some of those beers?" Shavonne asks. "One of these?" Don asks. "Yeah." Shavonne responds. "Why?" Don asks. God he's like a toddler. "Just gimme a beer." Shavonne says frustrated. He throws a beer to the ginger kid who then runs away. "What are you wastin a beer on him for?" Benny asks. "Let the poor kid have a beer. He deserves one after you beat his ass." I say. Benny slings his arm around me. "This fuckin suck. Last fuckin day of school. No fuckin party. No fuckin nothin." O'Bannion says and throws a temper tantrum. He throws a beer bottle. "You just wasted another fuckin beer." Benny says. "Shut up!" O'Bannion says. Don finally hands all the girls beer. "Hey! Fuck her, I did!" Some random piece of shit yells. "Bite me!" O'Bannion yells. "You wish, asshole!" Shavonne yells. "Fuck off!" I yell. The girls zoom off.

We went back to the Emporium and Don, Benny, and I hopped out. "Hey Slater you fuckin hippie give me drugs man!" O'Bannion shouts at Slater. "Get em from your mother!" Slater fires back. "We just bagged your mother." O'Bannion shouts back. "Okay, fuck you, dick head!" Slater says and flips him off. I walk over and hug Slater. "How's it goin, Slate?" I ask. "Not much, Sylv." He says and rubs my back. I slide out and head over to Wooderson with Don.

"What's goin on? I haven't seen you in so long." Don says to Wooderson. "My man, what is happening? Long time no see." Wooderson says and they do their weird handshake. "Oh hey little mama." Wooderson says. "Hey cowboy!" I say and give him a big hug. He slings his arm around me. "What have you been up to?" Don asks Wooderson. "Same old shit, man." Wooderson responds. "Workin for the city." He says. "Workin man, huh?" I say. "Been thinkin about gettin back in school, man." Wooderson says. "Back in J.C., something like that?" Don asks. "Yeah, man. That's where all the girls are, right?" Wooderson says. "Well I don't know about that but Teresa misses you big time, man." I say. "Tell T to call me, man. I haven't that foxy lady in a long ass time." He says looking at me. "Will do, big dude." I say and nod.

"Anyways, on the other hand, I'd just as soon keep working. Keep a little change in my pocket." Wooderson says. All the boys stare at a girls ass as she walks by. I roll my eyes. They're like 6 year old boys at the beach. "Rather than listen to some dipshit who doesn't know what the hell he's talking about." Wooderson says with a grin. "I know what's you're talking about." Don says. Pink pulls of his belt buckle pipe and lights it up. God why is that the most magnificent invention in history? "You're as freshman, right?" Wooderson asks Mitch. Oh dear I know where this is going. "Yeah." Mitch responds. "So tell me, man. How's this years crop of freshman chicks lookin?" Wooderson asks. I face palm. "Wood, you're gonna end up in jail sometime really soon." Don says with a laugh. "No, man. No, let me tell you. That's what I love about these high school girls, man. "I get older, they stay the same age. Yes they do." Wooderson says with a laugh. "Except for little miss over here who is like my baby sister." Wooderson says and rubs my head. "Hey you messed up my hair." I say and fix my hair. "Hey you guys wanna go for a spin?" Pickford asks. "Shotgun!" Don calls. "Woods?" He asks. "I'm here, man. You boys have fun now." Wooderson responds.

I lean against the wall. "Say, mini me, you got an eye on any boys?" Wooderson asks. "Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how he plays his cards." I say and shrug. "Well if you need any help, I'm right here." He says. I hug him. "Thanks, old man." I say. "Anytime, rugrat." He says. Him and Slater go inside to play foosball. I stay outside and smoke a cigarette. Benny takes a break from his intense pool playing and comes outside. "Hey ginger demon!" I say. "Hey tiny!" He says. "So I wanna tell you something. It might be out of the blue so sorry but uhm... I like you." He says and scratches the back of his neck. My eyes go wide. He what? I like him too but I didn't imagine he'd ever like me. "I like you too. But what made you confess it? Cause I had no idea." I said. He just shrugged. Hmmm should I? Should I not? FUCK IT BITCH! YEEHAW!

I grabbed his face and kissed him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. I pulled away so I could breathe. "So, Miss Porter, wanna be my girlfriend?" He asks and smirks. I kissed him once again and it turned into like a semi-make out. I pulled away again. "Does that answer your question?" I ask with a grin. "Why yes it does." He says.

We walks inside with our hands intertwined. We walk back inside. "So when did this happen?" Melvin asks. "Just now." I say. He nods and keeps playing pool. Weirdest and best night ever.