Chapter 5: A Game of Chance

"You have to be kidding!" The girl directly across the table from me yelled, an obvious look of horror on her face.

"I don't have to do anything," our captor replied. "It is you who have to do things."

The man placed a revolver on the table, pulled out one bullet and loaded it into the gun. Then he proceeded to spin the chamber around before finally clicking it in.

"The bullet is in one of these chambers. There is only one bullet. No more, no less. Now since this young lady decided to tell me what I can and cannot do, she will be the first demonstration."

The man picked the gun up and placed it against the back of the girls head. She let out a loud sob, and then the man pulled the trigger. Silence. Nothing. As the man moved the gun away from her head, she immediately began to sob. She rocked the chair back and forth, trying to free herself.

"Shut it!" The man yelled and the girl instantly silenced. "Now since we have that out of the way lets play the game how it's meant to be played.

The man once again placed the gun down on the table, only this time, he gave the gun a little spin. It landed on the the person to my left. I couldn't make out anything about his face since there was only one light in the room, but he was definitely a man.

The man picked up the gun and held it to his head, and pulled the trigger.

Blood. It was everywhere. Shouts from the other captives echoed around the room. I kept quite, knowing that making noise would only make it worse. I dared to take a look at the poor soul who had been alive just a second ago. His head lay motionless on the table, blood spilling through a hole that had just a moment before been human flesh and bone.

The man with the gun shouted something in Russian. As he did so, four other terrorists came into the room. One terrorist stood behind each chair seated at the table. The gunman shouted another command and each terrorist released us from out binds. Then I felt a shove in my upper back, forcing me out of the chair and driving my face into the floor. The gravel from the floor dug into my cheek, causing a little blood to trickle out. Then I was roughly picked up by the back of my neck and basically carried to the door.

On the other side of the door there was only darkness, and I was headed into it.