Chapter 6: New Friends

I woke up in a dark room with concrete walls. I had no idea where I was. I looked around the room and saw the other two captives from the other room watching me from opposite sides of the room. It seemed as if everyone was keeping their distance.

A sharp pain on my cheek made me wince. I brought my hand up to my face and felt jagged bumps where the gravel had dug in. The other captives just sat there, watching me.

After a time that seemed like forever, the door to our little concrete prison opened. A terrorist walked in, his face covered with a bandanna. He silently placed a plate down on the floor. I could see that it had what resembled a meal. As they left, the other captives and I made our way to the plate.

"Do either of you know how long we've been here?" I asked the other captives, trying to spark a conversation.

The girl from before responded, "About 2 days. At least that's how long I've been awake."

"What's your name?"

"Elizabeth," she responded, "but you can call me Beth."

"Ok Beth, why is your little friend so quiet?"

I saw the obvious look of hatred on the young boys face, but still, he remained silent.

"He hasn't said much, although from what I've gotten out of him I know his name is Caleb."

Caleb pretended like the conversation wasn't happening and started eating.

"Well have you tried to find a way out of here?" I asked, even though the answer was obvious.

"Yeah and believe me there is no way out." Beth responded with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

As soon as Beth finished her sentence another terrorist walked in. This one was younger, and didn't have a Russian accent. In fact, he didn't have an accent at all.

"Get up!" he commanded, forcing Caleb to his feet. "The boss wants to see you, all of you."