Chapter 4: Chaos

I was in shock. I didn't know what to do. Who would? Nothing like this had ever happened and it was beyond the scope of anything anyone thought possible. Only one thing was certain, a lot of people are going to die.

An siren sounded in the distance, slicing through the eerie silence that covered the halls. Suddenly there were gunshots. The silence that had been in the hallway vanished completely. Everyone scattered. I quickly attempted to make my way out of the stampede, but despite my efforts I was swept away with the crowd.

Suddenly there was a burst of light that I could only determine to mean that we were outside. Just half a second later people around me started falling. Blood sprayed everywhere. I was covered in it. Warm, wet, sticky blood. I couldn't see anyone around me still standing but I think there were a couple laying down with their hands on their heads. I was suddenly rushed by soldiers, pointing their guns, yelling at me in a language that I didn't understand. One soldier came forward lifted his gun up and slammed its but into my forehead. And then everything went black.

When I woke up my vision was blurry. As my eyes started focusing, I began to make out the outlines of people standing around the room. I noticed that I was sitting at a table with a few other people, tied to their chairs just like me. I tried to break free from the rope that bound my hands behind my back and my feet to the legs of the chair. I could see clearly now. Ther were four of us at the table. The room was dirty, with some of the floor missing and the ceiling caving in at certain points.

A man approached the table. The man spoke with a Russian accent, "Glad to see your all awake. Now why don't we play a little game called Russian roulette."