The Son of Zeus (9th Grade)

On the most thunderous night of the year, a child was born, but not just any child. This child was the son of the god of thunder and lightning, Zeus. His mother was Hera, the goddess of marriage. Now, this child was not known to his other siblings, because his parents knew the Greek gods and goddesses would not accept him. He, unlike his siblings and family members, was born without power. He didn't possess the ability to control anything.

He grew up in hiding, he lived his life unlike the others. After multiple years had passed, this child was starting to become aware of what he was, he was powerless. Although his parents loved him nonetheless, he still felt like an outcast, so he made a plan to escape. Since he had no powers, he believed he belonged with the mortals. It took him multiple days to make the journey, but he finally arrived in the mortal world.

He began to live as a mortal, leaving his "powerful" life behind. What he didn't know was that his parents were in Olympus worrying for their son. See, there was something that they've been hiding for years. Although he seemed powerless, he was the complete opposite. He was the most powerful God before Zeus, his father. His parents knew what he was, and their son was just about to find out as well.

On the day of his birthday, a storm began to brew. This storm brought the brightest of lightning and the loudest of thunder. At the strike of the brightest lighting and the loudest thunder, his powers would be revealed. His parents in Olympus tried everything they could to find their son, but it was too late. They heard the thunder and saw the lightning. In the mortal world, the son's eyes changed to the brightest of yellow and he grew seven times his size. He, like his father before him, was the God of thunder and lighting, as well as the mortal world.

AN: another myth...