The Story of the Cerostragus (9th Grade)

Long ago, in medieval times, mystical animals existed. One of these so-called mystical animals was the cerostragus or four-eyed goat. As the name suggests, these goats had four eyes. They were most commonly black in color with bright red eyes. Although these goats looked like something from the underworld, they were very sweet creatures. They roamed the woods and cuddled up to anyone they encountered. Children were begging their parents to keep one as a pet, which was normal. These goats were like household dogs, they loved to cuddle and always wanted to be around their families.

These goats had a very long life span. The oldest four-eyed goat to have ever lived was 104 years old, it outlived a lot of the people in the village.

If not owned by a family, these goats were used for milk. The milk of these goats would heal any injury, from a scratch on the knee, to an entire stab wound. Four-eyed goat milk was a very big export in medieval times and was used in almost all medicines.

Unfortunately, changing environments led this species to die out. The only thing that's left of the cerostragus species is the memory.

AN: prompt was to make a story about a mythical animal (there were pictures on the board of animals to choose from) I legit searched up how to name a species for the name 💀