Chapter 2

Arizona jumped off the couch as she heard a knock at the door. She opened the door to see Callie holding their sleepy daughter. It immediately brought a smile to Arizona's face.

"So you have her until Monday, right?" Callie asked, handing Arizona their daughter.

"Yep." Arizona replied in her cheerful voice. She felt like it had been ages since she held Sofia.

"You'll call me if there's any problems? Day or night?"

"I'm not a babysitter Callie she's my daughter too, I know how to look after her." Arizona defended herself.

"I know you're her mother, but I am too. Don't tell me you don't worry about her every second she's with me. It's what mother's do Arizona, I'm not questioning you." Callie replied, calmly. She wasn't going to fight in front of their daughter.

"I'm sorry, Callie I just —" Arizona began.

"See you Monday." Callie said and left.

The weekend has arrived. It has been two days since Derek left for DC. Luckily for Meredith, she wasn't on call that day. She had time to get the kids up and made them a proper breakfast. Amelia made sure she had all her things before meeting her sister-in-law in the kitchen. She knew that Derek leaving was harsh on her so she made sure that Meredith knew she would be there if needed. After all, she had grown to like her.

"I'm all set, Mer!" she started. "You can always call me if you need any help, yeah?"

The mother cracked a smile.

"Of course! I'm going to miss having you around." she noticed her small bags. "That's it?"

"Yeah... furnished apartment."

"Alright then... Would you like some coffee before you go?"

Amelia declined the offer politely and headed out. She went to drop off her things at the new place before heading to work. About half an hour passed. Meredith heard a car door close and a few seconds later the doorbell. Callie had arrived.

"Morning, Mer." she smiled as she dropped her heavy bags. "Just dropped off Sofia. Are you ready to go?"

After a few hours of plane ride, Derek has landed in DC. The doctor grabbed his phone and checked his texts. Nothing. He quickly sent a text to Meredith as promised and headed towards the apartment the President offered him. As much as he hated accepting things from higher ranked people, his mind was too clouded to go on an apartment hunt at the last minute.

He checked his phone again. Still nothing. Derek exhaled loudly and put it away.