Chapter 3

Alex and Jo slept on separate ends of the bed that night. She had to fight back the urge to kick him out of his own bed. The way he treated her back at the hospital was mean. He had never been like that before unless it was like when they had to fake a breakup but now... it was real.

Alex woke up in the early morning and got ready. his girlfriend was still sound asleep in bed. She had to understand that dating him means that she had to accept all his packages. Meredith, Callie, Arizona... They were there for him through so much: George's death, his crazy girlfriends, Izzie, the plane crash and more. He continued his morning routine. Alex proceeded to make some coffee. As if on cue, Jo came downstairs.

"Hey."

Karev ignored her and continued to make breakfast.

"You need to stop being a baby. You know I'm right."

The man furiously drops the spatula into the pan. "You can't be more wrong! This is my house and before that, it was Meredith's. She was the one who took me in when I was at my worse! I owe her everything!"

"Apparently, being your girlfriend is not good enough."

"I don't have time for this. We need to go before we are late."

The whole car ride was a mess. Alex was yelling at other drivers in the highway while arguing with Jo. When has it arrived to this? When did their relationship started to fall apart? He didn't know. He had given up on fixing it for a while now.

Their fight continued into the hospital. Before they noticed, the couple created a scene where many nurses and doctors stared.

"Alex Karev!" yelled a strong voice from behind the crowd.

On that note, Jo escaped in a quick manner.

"What in hell do you think you are doing?" yelled Bailey, arms crossed with a piercing look.

"Nothing," said Alex as he walked away. "I need to go."

Bailey clicked her tongue. "To think that you used to listen to me!"

Arizona walked into the x-ray room and saw Amelia standing in front of scans that were all to familiar.

"You paged?" Arizona said making Amelia spin around and face her.

"I wanted to tell you I've figured out how to remove the tumor." Amelia said smiling widely.

"Oh, that's great." Arizona faked excitement.

"I thought you'd be more excited."

"I am it's just, I don't know if it's such a good idea. I shouldn't have even taken the scans in the first place and if Dr. Herman finds out —"