Chapter 14

Meredith, Maggie and Richard sat around the table, silent. Bailey and Zola had long since fallen asleep and even though it was past 10pm, Meredith insisted they still come to dinner since none of them had eaten.

"Did you cook all of this yourself, Meredith?" Richard asked.

"Oh no," Meredith laughed, "I ordered in, ask Amelia I can't cook to save myself."

"Must be an Ellis trait because I can't either." Maggie jumped in. "I've had most of this stuff before in all honesty, it's from my favorite place."

"Couple blocks south from the hospital right?" Meredith questioned.

"Yeah! With that weird guy that always seems to be working I swear he's stalking me." Maggie joked.

"You're not alone there." Meredith laughed.

Another silence fell over the table as Meredith and her guests finished the food she had ordered. Once they were finished Meredith began to clear the table, taking the plates into the kitchen and returning to Richard and Maggie laughing.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing just -" Richard began.

"Reminiscing." Maggie finished.

"Reminiscing?" Meredith questioned.

"About the last time we were here." Maggie tried not to laugh at the horrified look on Meredith's face.

"Crap. That. We were, I mean, it wasn't, and we were..." Meredith stumbled over her words, not sure how to apologize to the two of them for having hot, steamy shower sex with her husband while they waited outside.

"Meredith, it's really okay. This dinner more than made up for....that." Richard smiled.

A knock startled Arizona. After one of the interns dropped her off at the house, she step the rest of her day on the couch reading Herman's notes. The door opened.

"Hey. How was your day?" said Callie, peeking in, smiling.

"Uh. It was good... Why are you staying at the door?" she asked.

"I'm going to need you to close your eyes for a few minutes," she started. "Don't peek!"

Arizona raised and eyebrow but followed her instructions. A few seconds later, Callie shut the door and made sure she had her eyes closed. The blonde heard movements around the room.

"Alright, I'm going to count to 5 and open your eyes slowly," Callie said when she sat on the coffee table.

The paediatric surgeon blinked a few, readjusting to the lighting. A prosthetic rested on Callie's lap. The Latina smiled nervously.