Chapter 6

•• Ochako's POV ••

• The Next Day •

I wake up early and jump out of bed without making any noise then quietly walk over to the closet. I slowly open the closet door and go through the closet trying to look for an outfit to wear for my first day of work but I can't find anything to wear. Until something catches my eyes which is my university graduation dress but I can't wear it for my first day of work. It's a baby pink halter neck ruched mesh backless bodycon dress, it was the only dress I could find since I was too late on buying a decent dress but I was able to cover it with the graduation gown.

I let out a long sigh and placed the dress on my bed then went over to the bathroom to freshen up and quickly put on the dress. I quickly slip on high heels and run out of the apartment with my purse in hand then I wave a taxi and quickly climb on the car. I told the taxi driver where I'm heading, that's when I look down on my feet and see that I'm wearing open-toe high heels which made me let out a long stressed sigh. Today is not my day, I can't ask the taxi driver to turn the car around otherwise it would be too expensive for me.

During the car ride, I kept shivering and tried not to chatter my teeth from the cold AC that the taxi driver had on. The taxi driver spoke out, "Miss, we're here. Have a nice day." I gave the taxi driver money and thanked him then stepped out of the car which was a relief when I felt the warm air. I took a deep breath and ran inside the building to the elevator. Luckily, the elevator was open and empty so I went inside and pushed the 60th button. I start fixing myself up and pull my dress down to make it seem longer.

The elevator rings and opens its doors so I walk out of the elevator and go through the hallway until I get to the double doors. I knock on the door and hear Midoriya say, "You may come in." I open the door and walk inside then see Midoriya reading some files so I sit down on the chair to wait for him to finish reading. "I see that you're on time, Ms. Uraraka. You're making a good impression," Midoriya spoke up, flipping through the papers. "Yes, I wanted to make a good impression on my first day, Sir."

"You impressed me with your punctual arrival to work. Good job, Ms. Uraraka."

"T-thank you, Sir... What are you doing with those files?"

"I'm simply changing any undisclosed information to avoid any sabotage from my last assistant. I have a feeling that she would want revenge after what happened."

"Did you change the company's card information, too?"

"Yes, she won't be able to spend a single cent from the company's card... Now, let's see if you're dressed to impress."

"N-no, y-you don't h-have to."

Midoriya looks up from the files and puts them down on his desk then crosses his arms over his chest. "Interesting choice of outfit, Ms. Uraraka. You certainly came dressed to impress with that dress of yours," he observed, pointing at my pink dress. I didn't say anything but shiver and chatter my teeth as the cold air finally hit me. I quickly cover my mouth to stop my chattering teeth as my body continues shuddering then Midoriya stands up from his chair and walks over to me.

I shut my eyes and braced myself for him to shout at me but it never came instead I felt something warm wrapped around me. "Why did you flinch, Ms. Uraraka?" Midoriya asked, as I quickly opened my eyes. I look down and see that I'm wrapped around a black trench coat then I blushed a little as the trench coat warms me up. "Oh, hello, someone's blushing. What an interesting reaction, Ms. Uraraka," Midoriya teased, leaning against his desk with his arms crossed. "I-I'm not b-blushing, Sir!"

I glare at him but he seems unaffected by it when he reaches over his desk to get a cup of coffee. Midoriya drinks some of the coffee and remarks, "Ah, nothing like drinking coffee mixed with alcohol early in the morning." I quickly stood up from the chair and protested, "You're lying. You don't have any alcohol in your coffee, Sir." Midoriya continued, "Why would I lie to you, I have nothing to gain from lying, Ms. Uraraka. I'm going to continue drinking my coffee if you don't mind."

He was about to take another sip when I placed my hand on his arm to stop him from drinking any more of that alcoholic coffee of his. "But I do mind, Sir. So, I'll take that cup from you and make you a new cup," I offered, taking the cup from him. I quickly walk over to the other end of his desk and set the cup down then slip on the trench coat and button it up. Midoriya let out a sigh and asked, "Why are you trying to stop me from drinking alcohol?" I picked up the cup and replied, "Drinking an excessive amount of alcohol will ruin your health, Sir."

He just stares at me and quickly turns his head then starts coughing as if I try to cover up his laughter which made me glare at him. "No need to worry about me, Ms. Uraraka. I can consume a vast amount of alcohol without any negative effects," Midoriya reassured me, walking over to me. "That's impossible, you know. It's not like you're a supernatural human being, Sir." Midoriya smirked at me and continued, "What if I am a supernatural being?" I just roll my eyes and walk away from him when I hear him chuckling which makes me stop.

"Rolling your eyes and walking away doesn't settle anything, Ms. Uraraka."

"I'm sorry, were my eye rolls and high heels too loud for you, Sir?"

"Heh, sassy. A shot of whiskey is the answer to this dilemma... Well, alcohol is always the answer. I'm going to pour myself some whiskey."

"Nope, you're not drinking anything alcoholic when I'm around."

"You know, if you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

"Whatever, Sir. Now, will you excuse me? I'm going to make a new cup of coffee for you."

I was about to leave when Midoriya grabbed my shoulder which made me turn around to face him and I asked, "What is it, Sir?" He responded, "Forget about the cup of coffee, Ms. Uraraka. I'm more interested in something else." I just stared at him not knowing what he meant by that when I questioned him, "What do you mean?" He lets go of my shoulder and crosses his arms then leans towards me to examine my face. "I'm talking about how you flinched when I placed my trench coat on you," Midoriya recalled, pulling away from me.

I knew he wouldn't let it go so I let out a sigh and replied, "I thought you were going to yell at me since I'm wearing a scanty outfit on my first day." He pondered a bit and blurted out, "I don't just give out punishments without the humans justifying their issues." I gave him a weird look but answered, "I don't have any more formal outfits. I only have that polka dot twofer dress as my formal business outfit, Sir." Midoriya nodded his head and continued, "Okay, I understand. And again don't worry about the cup of coffee."

"Sure, anything else, Sir?"

"Nothing too difficult, Ms. Uraraka. I need you to run a few errands for me."

"Sure, I can start then right away, Sir."

"Perfect! I need you to deliver files to every department's chief and management."

I nodded my head and set the cup of coffee down on Midoriya's desk. I was about to pick up the files from his desk when he gently grabbed my wrist. "No, not those files. The files are on a cart which is over there," he informed me, pointing in a direction. I turn around and see the cart with large stacks of files on it, I gasp in shock as I stare at the large stacks of files. I recomposed myself and reassured him, "Don't worry, Sir. I'll get it done as soon as possible." I take the cart with me and dismiss myself to start delivering the files.