13

When Louis arrives at the location Harry had sent him earlier, he can't help the nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach

When Louis arrives at the location Harry had sent him earlier, he can't help the nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach. He doesn't know why he suddenly feels nervous or why his palms are a little sweaty. He doesn't know why he's hesitating walking up to the front door. He's been on dates before - why is he so nervous about this one?

It is only when he finally stands in front of Harry's front door, knocking on it, watching as Harry pulls it open and blue meets green for the very first time today, that he realizes he's this nervous because he really wants tonight to be perfect. He doesn't know why, he just knows it has to be.

"Hi." Harry is the first one to speak.

"Hi." Louis answers, smiling as he lets his eyes wander over Harry, taking in his appearance from head to toe and definitely not hiding the fact that he likes what he sees.

Harry giggles sweetly and clears his throat. "Mister Louis!" He exclaims jokingly and Louis' head shoots back up, their eyes meeting again and a blush creeping towards his cheeks at the realization that he's been caught staring. Harry notices, and decides to have just a little more fun with it. "Shamelessly checking me out like that." He says rolling his eyes. "At least take me on a date first." He quickly adds with a dimpled smile when he sees Louis' eyes growing wide.

Relief washes over Louis when he sees the smile and comes to the realization that Harry's only joking. "Well in my defense, you make it hard not to stare." He says, his eyebrows raised just a little, and a smirk evident on his face.

And oh how the tables have turned in just a couple of seconds, because this time it's Harry who's a blushing mess. "Shush." Harry finally says before giggling again, unable to come up with a better response.

Louis' smirk turns into a fond expression. He smiles sweetly, gesturing with his head towards his car. "Let's go, doctor." He says, winking, and watches as Harry steps out, leading the way to Louis' car. He waits as Louis opens the passenger door for him. Smiling, he gets in and watches as the blue eyed man closes the door, making his way towards the driver's side and getting in as well.

Their eyes locks for a moment and Louis knows. He knows why he's so nervous. He knows why he wants this date to be perfect. He wants this to be his last first date, and he decides right then and there that it can't be anything less than perfect.