Morning Star

I had just hung up with Taylor, when Jace and Clary came to get me. They told me that we were going to talk to Simon. I agreed and followed them.

"Simon, wait!" I called out.

"What's going on?" Simon asked as he turned to look at us.

"We need your help." Jace replied.

I thought I'd never see the day where Jace asked Simon for help.

"The Book of the White.It contains the spell that can wake our mom, but she hid it so Valentine can never find it." Clary continued.

"We have a lead." Jace added.

Clary held out the bookmark for Simon to see.

"The Bookmark of the White?" Simon questioned.

"It's a piece of the book itself. Magnus tracked its owner to the Hotel DuMort, but..." Clary replied, but I could tell that she was hesitant to tell Simon who it belonged to.

"It belongs to Camille." I finished.

"Okay, um... I'll set a meeting with Raphael." Simon said.

"Thank you." Clary said.

Simon nodded his head before leaving.

Clary, Jace, and I looked at each other because if this doesn't work, then we'll have to figure out another way to wake Jocelyn.

Jace, Clary, Serena, Izzy, and I gathered around the computer to see about the attack on Lydia. I hope she's alright, and I can't wait to find who did it so I can beat their ass.

"How's Lydia?" Clary asked as Alec joined us.

"Better. Magnus is doing what he can to help her, but it's bad. And the Cup is definitely missing." Alec replied.

"So is Hodge." Jace added.

He better not be implying what I think he is.

"Maybe he was attacked, too." Izzy said.

"Maybe he's the one who attacked her." I said.

"Hodge? No way. We've known him our entire lives. He would never do that to us." Serena replied.

We then watched as Hodge attacked Lydia and took the Cup. Serena lightly grabbed my wrist because she could tell that I was fixing to go after Hodge.

"I led him right to the Cup." Jace said.