Bad Blood

*Serena's POV*

Alec and I were watching the monitors trying to figure out where Scarlett could've run off too since she shut off her phone.

"Alec, Serena, what are you doing? You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. Both of you know that. No Downworlder can come into the Institute. And Scarlett will come back after she calms down." Jace told us.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Izzy added.

I just ignore Jace because I'm still pissed at him for hurting Scarlett.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave." Alec said.

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not everything we went through to get it." Clary said.

This girl is now on my last nerve. Does she not care about anybody but herself? If the Cup stays here, then all of our lives are in danger.

"My brother is right." Izzy started.

"The Cup is extremely important." I finished.

Clary sighed and that told me that she didn't like the fact that both Izzy and I agree with Alec and not her.

"Are both of you agreeing with me?" Alec asked Izzy and I.

"We're full of surprises." Izzy replied.

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary said.

"I agree with Clary. (I rolled my eyes because of course, he would agreewith her) We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip." Jace said.

"Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons, and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it." Clary said as she looked at all of us.

"There you go. You have her word." Jace added.

"Follow me." Alec sighed before taking Clary to go put the Cup in a safe place.

After Alec came back, it wasn't too much longer before Alec looked at the monitor.

"What the... Huh?" Alec asked right as the alarm started going off.

"There's something outside the perimeter." Jace said.

"I told you..." Alec started to say.

"Don't say it." Jace interrupted.