Raising Hell

I bolted up in my bed and tried to calm my breathing. I decided to see if anyone else is awake because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. I roamed the halls, found Jace's room, and knocked on the door.

"Come in." Jace called from the other side.

I went in, closed the door, and went to sit on his couch.

"You alright?" Jace asked.

"Nope." I replied.

I went on and explained to Jace about my nightmare. I can't tell you why I had it, but I know that I'll feel better after I tell someone. Jace seemed to stop working out and that's when I noticed that he was shirtless.

"Don't stop on my account." I told Jace since he was going to stop working out.

Jace just gave me a smirk before continuing his work out. After a few minutes of watching Jace, Clary bursts into the room.

"Jace, I need to talk to you about something, it's really... Oh... Sorry, I... I really should've knocked first." Clary said while turning around in embarrassment.

"Let me just grab a shirt." Jace said.

"Yeah. Good idea." Clary said.

Jace and I shared a look because we thought it was funny that Clary was embarrassed.

"So, what's up? You wanted to see me?" Jace asked after he slipped his shirt on.

I'm a little upset because he did that but I'll get over it. I got to enjoy Jace shirtless for a little while anyway, so I can't really be upset, now can I.

"Yeah, um... I need you to tell me everything you know about Magnus Bane." Clary said as she turned back to look at us.

"Magnus Bane is the High Warlock of Brooklyn, why?" Jace inquired.

"Because that vampire, Camille, practically accused him of stealing my memories." Clary replied.

I turned my head because I knew that Camille was right, but I don't want the others to know that I know.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked as I stood next to Jace.

"When Simon told Camille someone took my memories back at the Hotel DuMort, she blamed Magnus Bane." Clary replied.

"Right, and you believe your little mundane friend?" Jace scoffed.

"I believe Simon. Besides, I keep having these dreams where this Magnus guy is with my mom and she tells him to protect me." Clary said.