Major Arcana

Clary and I walked into Magnus' living room and told both Magnus and Jace, "We know where the Cup is."

"Come again?" Jace asked.

"The tarot cards. Our mom, she must've painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it." Clary replied.

Jace and Magnus didn't say anything, and both of us knew that something wasn't right.

"Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find..." I started before realizing something.

"Dot." Clary finished for me.

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time. If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup..." Jace started to say but got interrupted.

"We know. If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding a dinosaur through Times Square. People would notice." Magnus said after interrupting Jace.

"But he can control demons. We've seen it." I said.

"Mmm. Paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect." Magnus said.

"Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card." Jace said while looking at Magnus.

Clary and I gave him a small smile because at least he was trying to lighten the situation.

"Opening the gates of hell... that's a little more tricky." Magnus said.

"Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. They're in my desk at the precinct. When Clary and Scarlett went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out. 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track either of them." Luke said as he walked into the room.

"That's great. This should be easy." Clary said.

"Hmm, that's what General Custer said." Magnus said.

"Magnus is right. Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD. We have to be discreet." Luke said.

"Discreet?" I started.

"You look like something out of The Mummy movie."Clary finished.

"We'll go in the morning. Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix." Luke said.

The next morning, Luke, Jace, Clary, and I went to the station, and I couldn't wait to get the Cup.

"All right, cards are on my desk. It shouldn't take long." Luke told us.