Safehouse

3rd Pov

The satellite tracking Sgt. Paul Jackson labels him as K.I.A. as a result of the nuclear detonation in the Middle East. As Nikolai contacts Captain Price from Hamburg, Germany, a safehouse in Azerbaijan is analyzed as the SAS team prepares to move in and capture Al-Asad.

Nikolai: The man is a coward, Captain Price. Al-Asad would never sacrifice himself. There is a safehouse in Azerbaijan that Al-Asad has used in the past. I am sending you the coordinates.

Price: Understood Nikolai. Gaz, assemble the team. We're going to Azerbaijan.

Gaz: Yes sir. I hear it's lovely this time of the year...

[Day 4 - 02:00:34]

[Northern Azerbaijan]

[(Y/n) "Viper" MacTavish]

After that crazy mission, I think I deserve a break. 

Soap: Are you dead?

(Y/n): Yeah.

Soap: Doesn't sound like you're dead.

(Y/n): Does dying count?

Soap: Is that the word you are looking for?

(Y/n): I don't understand how you guys can endure that much.

Soap: I've been through a lot (Y/n). 

I sat up and look at him.

(Y/n): There is a difference, Johnny, you've done a lot of shit for nearly a year and I am starting.

He chuckles and smiles at me.

Soap: Are you going to quit?

(Y/n): No. If I do then I'll lose everything.

He sits next to me and lies down.

Soap: Listen, our parents are proud to be here. We are fighting like hell to protect our country. You, me, Price, Gaz, Arthur, everyone. If other people are giving you shit because of it, ignore those bastards. 

(Y/n): Thanks, Johnny.

Soap: Not a problem.

Arthur: Hey guys!

Soap: He's resting.

Arthur: Oh... Uhm well, have you heard the news?

I sat up and give her a confused look.

(Y/n): What? 

Arthur: There was a nuke that blew up in the middle east.

(Y/n): Show us.

She takes out a device and showed it to us.

Male Newscaster: Something has happened...

British Newscaster: What appears to be an explosion of an epic proportion...

Female Newscaster 1: Reports remain sketchy and unconfirmed at this time...

Male Newscaster: Damage appears to be total... to set off what appears to have been a nuclear explosion in his own country...

British Newscaster: Maybe the start of something larger than on whether Al-Asad was among the victims in what may have been a suicide...

Female Newscaster 2: What I can see from the hotel here is a mushroom cloud, about 45 by...

Female Newscaster 3: ...Continue to burn across a massive wasteland, that was once a capital for this thriving nation...

The satellite uploads a list of 30,000 Marines that are MIA or KIA in the explosion, including Sgt. Paul Jackson, whose name is highlighted. The satellite then tracks Jackson somewhere in the blast radius.