Aftermath

(Y/n) Pov

[Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep]

That sound is all I can hear. I try to open my eyes, but the light is too bright. After my eyes were adjusted to the brightness I realize I'm inside a hospital room. I look to my left and see Soap resting his head on the bed. Then I turn to the right and flowers and cards are saying "Get Well Soon!" I grunt in pain and sat up then Soap wakes up. 

Soap: (Y/n)! You're awake!!

He pulled me into a tight hug, feeling my ribs pressing against my organs.

(Y/n): Soap... I can't... breathe...

Soap: Sorry, are you alright?

(Y/n): Yeah, that explosion nearly killed me.

He smiles that I am alive, but looks down and holds my hand tightly.

(Y/n): If it's about Gaz and Griggs, I'm sure their deaths are not in vain.

Soap: It's a little bit about them... But it's about your eye.

(Y/n): What about it?

Soap: The radiation of the explosion made your eye infection worse. So the doctors had to remove it.

He picked up a mirror and showed it to me and he is right. There is an empty socket and a scar on the left side of my face.

(Y/n): Oh my god.

Soap: I'm sorry (Y/n)... 

He puts the mirror back on the counter and holds my hand. 

(Y/n): Why are you sorry?

Soap: I'm sorry for being a terrible brother... I wasn't there for you when you need me, I left you all alone without any money or anyone to help you, and... and...

He curls his hands into a fist and tears are streaming down his face. This is the first time I've ever seen Soap like this. He's always been a tough guy, but this is something I never expected to see. I put my hand on his back and comfort him as much as I can.

(Y/n): It's okay Johnny, I forgive you. 

Soap: R-Really?

I nod and smile as he did the same. He pulls me into a careful hug. 

(Y/n): Where's Captain Price?

Soap: He's gone...

(Y/n): Oh...

I separated from the hug. Soap smiles at me and I smiled back.

(Y/n): John, can you leave me alone for a while?

Soap: Sure.

He left the tent and Artoria comes inside the room and sees that I'm awake.

(Y/n): Hey Artoria.

Her eyes widen and break down in tears and hugged me tighter than Soap.

(Y/n): Ack! Not again!!

Artoria: (Y/n)! I thought I was going to lose you.

(Y/n): How long was I unconscious?

Artoria: Three months.

(Y/n): Geez...

I rubbed her back as she sobs quietly onto my shoulder. After her emotional breakdown, she looks at my (E/c) eye as I look at her sea-colored eyes. She gently places her hand on my chest, then slides her fingers upwards until she caresses my cheek. I know if I say something then I will ruin it all, but I want to know why is she doing it. She leans forward and presses her lips against mine. I was shocked by this, but my instincts told me to wrap one arm around her waist, which I did. Once we separated, she realized what she did, her face turns red, and looks away, as did mine. 

Artoria: I'm sorry!

(Y/n): I-I-It's alright.

It was silent, but I don't want to be a dick and just let it slide. I got to do something.

(Y/n): A-Artoria, do you like me?

Artoria: W-W-What kind of question is that?!

(Y/n): I'm just wondering because you were following me a lot during the missions. Before we began our chase, you told me why you joined the SAS.

Artoria: I...

(Y/n): I just want to ask. Do you like me? It's okay, to be honest.

She looks away still blushing, but she looks back at me.

Artoria: Y-Yes.

I was blushing but I kissed her. She was shocked, but she kissed back. It was longer than before but more passionate. After a minute or two, we pulled back and both of us are breathing heavily. 

Soap: Nice job, (Y/n)!

Artoria yelps from the voice and jumps away from the bed.

Soap: I'm proud of my little brother!

I chuckled and got off the bed. I stumbled a bit, but Artoria caught me. 

Artoria: Can you walk?

(Y/n): A little.

Soap: So you two are a thing huh?

Artoria: I-I-

(Y/n): Yeah, we are.

Soap: Price will be proud.

(Y/n): I bet he will.

Soap: I'll leave you two love birds alone.

He grins and leaves the room. I look at Artoria and chuckle.

(Y/n): What do you want to do?

Artoria: How about we get you recovered, then we will spend time together.

(Y/n): Sounds like a deal.

Artoria: (Y/n).

(Y/n): Hm?

She grabs my hand and gives it a firm squeeze.

Artoria: I promise to be a better girlfriend.

(Y/n): I know you will.

<><><><><><><><>(To Be Continued)<><><><><><><><>