10.

liked by rudeth and 1,245,336 otherstagged - drewstarkey •valeriabeene - we're making a tiny home

tagged - drewstarkey
•valeriabeene - we're making a tiny home.

drewstarkey - *i am making a tiny home. val is just watching me and giggling.
^valeriabeene - lies! i bought snacks.

rudeth - i want this
^valeriabeene - too bad
^rudeth - 🙄

jonathandavissofficial - i miss you
^valeriabeene - we gotta hang out!!

jamesbeene - gross
^valeriabeene - you're going to be able to live in MY apartment rent free for 2 months. stfu.

madelyncline - cuties
^valeriabeene - my gf

madisonbaileybabe - when they build a tiny home for you: 😍
^valeriabeene - drew is the best

everything has been perfect recently. absolutely everything. i typically hate saying things like that. it's often that things get so so good and then fall apart. "the calm before the storm" as some may say. although the sense of complete happiness and the feeling of being satisfied with everything slightly scares me, i can't see anything going wrong. i pray every night that it stays this way.

scottbelle on instagram dm'd you !

scottbelle
hey, kiddo. it's your dad. i know it's been awhile. i'm sorry. i saw you on a billboard in LA. proud of you, jelly. i checked you out on instagram and facebook just to see how you're doing. you're getting married, jelly!! i'm so super proud of you— i hope you know. the guy you're with seems great from pictures. you probably don't want to hear from me and i want you to know i'm sorry. hopefully you read this with an open mind and positive attitude like i know you have. leslie, your sister, is good if you're wondering. she misses you. i'm sorry i tore y'all apart like that. i'm sorry about your mom, too. sending hopes and prayers. remember.. i'm always here, jelly.

yup, i jinxed it. god damnit.

"drew?"

my voice echoes through the house. i call for him again.

"in the kitchen, love."

i make my way to the kitchen. my phone shakes in my trembling hand. i haven't heard from my dad in years. he dipped when my mom was diagnosed with alzheimer's.

i immediately notice drew making his mom's chicken casserole. he hears me walk in, but doesn't look up.

"chicky chikcy parm-parm," he says, smiling. i chuckle in reply.

he smiles before looking up. the raw chicken drops out of his hands and into the tray. "val, what's wrong?"

he washes his hands before sitting beside me on the couch.

"my dad dm'd me on instagram." i state, earning a large sigh from the boy.

"oh, wow," he mumbles, "what did he say?"

i show him my phone. it takes him roughly a minute before he looks up at me and pulls me into a hug, letting me sob into his arms. after what felt like hours, a knock echoes from the doorway.

"it's chase, rudy, jd, and cline," i state, "i invited them over for your chicken casserole." i wipe tears from my cheeks.

drew jogs to the door. "hey guys, come on in."

drew knew i wouldn't mind telling chase, rudy, jd, and maddie about my dad. i tell them everything, so they would find out eventually.

"baby, are you okay?" cline asks immediately after laying her eyes on me.

i shake my head and show my four friends my phone.

hours passed. it's 10:46 pm now. everyone else fell asleep to spider-man. james joined us after i told him about our dad. i can't sleep. all i can think about is my dad and sister.

my phone dings.

lesliejade on instagram dm'd you !

lesliejade
valeria i am so so sorry. i never should've left with dad. that's all i can say. i can't beg for yours, cole's, or james' forgiveness. i just want to say that i'm sorry.

valeriabeene
dad left when you were 14, les. you left at 18 and you had every right to. don't ever apologize for making a decision for you. i love and miss you leslie. message me anytime: ***-***-*****

scottbelle

valeriabeene
thank you for reaching out. i haven't heard from you since i was 10, but thank you. i appreciate the nice words, but please leave me alone. i will never forgive you. you deserve to rot in hell for what you did. i hate you. if your reaching out was supposed to somehow get you an invite to my wedding, it didn't work. never, ever search mine or drew's name again. leave me alone you sick asshole. ps: you got the privilege to call me jelly before you left. if you're gonna say my name, use valeria and never call me your daughter.

scottbelle
valeria, i'm truly sorry, but i understand. i love you forever my sweet girl.

i sobbed quietly to myself all night. i didn't want to wake anyone up.