CHAPTER THREE (3): A PROMISE

~Shuri The Hedgehog P.O.V(POINT OF VIEW)~

I woke up. It was dark wherever I was.

"Where am I?" I asked myself to no-one particular.

I looked around with my glowing forest green eyes...It wasn't obvious to me.

I realised that I was lying on something soft but I was really focused on where I was and where was either Shadow, Rouge and Omega was. I pushed the soft things off me and got up on my two feet. My shoes were on some sort of metallic ground and there was something in front of me and it showed a darken silhouette with glowing blue eyes.

I turned away from it as I walked towards where the light was coming in through a slit at the bottom of a certain part of the wall.

As I walked towards it...I saw an outline of a switch on the wall. I flipped it making the lights turn on.

"Ugh! They're so bright." I said to myself, rubbing my eyes.

When my vision went back to normal...I saw the room that I was in. It had a bed...That's what I think it's called as there was a dresser with a mirror. There was another door too but I wanted to know what was behind this door first.

I noticed that the corner of my eye...there was I think it's an outlet from what I can remember. I don't know why but I felt the lever to pulled it forward towards myself.

I knelt down on my knees and slowly touched it. Electricity sparked as my eyes started to glow forest green. A small blast pushed me away from it and made me yelp. I don't know what happened it'ls like I have been afraid of it.

Outside of my room

~Shadow The Hedgehog P.O.V(POINT OF VIEW)~

I was supposed to get Shuri and bring her to The Commander. I can't bring myself to go in her room.

I was thinking about knocking on her door but if she doesn't answer...It's probably she's still fast asleep or she's unable to open the door.

The lights coming from her door started to flicker and it wasn't just one whole hallway...It was something like made it act that or maybe it's the electricity?

Then the lights just stopped and reverted back to glowing on it's own.

What has caused the lights to do it in the first place through?

I heard a yelp coming from the room, which made me come to my senses.

I pushed it to the side and put my hand on the door knob. I was just delaying the inevitable anyways but I don't understand why is it so hard to go through.

Inside of her room

~Shuri The Hedgehog P.O.V(POINT OF VIEW) CONTINUED~

The lights in the room kept on flickering. I heard the door opening and I turned myself towards to see Shadow.

"Shuri! You're already up..." He said to me then he noticed the lights.

"What did you-" He asked me.

"I-I-I apologise I didn't know...Please don't be mad at me!" I said to him with my eyes closed, looking at the floor.

"What do you mean 'you didn't know'?" He asked me...He didn't sound mad but if I didn't tell him as I don't want to get another shock.

"Um...P-Please don't shock me." I said to him as I didn't want to get in trouble or for him to be mad at me...I was trying to hold back tears.

"Shuri...I......I'm not going to hurt you." He said to me.

It made me open my eyes and look at him.

"W-What?" I stuttered to him, sounding surprised.

"I won't hurt you and Dr.Eggman can't either. I won't let him or anyone else hurt you." He told me.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Yes" He looked at me in my forest green eyes and said to me.

"Um...Shadow, C-Can you promise me that and something else?" I asked him, not sure that he would do it.

He looked at me like what was the second promise I was going to ask him. He had a serious expression but it showed sincerity.

"Can you promise me that I won't be contained again? I spent most of my life who knows how much time without going anywhere...just staying in one spot. It was frustrating and I was scared. I can't take that confinement again...I don't think I'll survive it." I said to him with my voice, trembling in fear.

"I promise you that and I won't break it, Shuri." He said to me and he sounded very sincere.

"Th-Thank you,Shadow." I said to him and hugged him with a eye smile on my face.

~Shadow The Hedgehog P.O.V(POINT OF VIEW)~

I felt my cheeks heating up and my heart beat increasing. I stood there for a second rigid...unable to think straight. When I was starting to feel relaxed...she let go of me.

"S-Sorry Shadow...I-I d-didn't mean too!" She said to me, stuttering.

I looked away, trying to hide the pink tint on my muzzle. The way she stuttered was absolutely adorable...The thought made my cheeks turn a darker shade.

"I-It's fine. Come on...We have to go,Shuri" I said to her, grabbing her waist.

I had to admit...it felt warm. I flicked off the light switch and exited out of her room. Being in front of her which she couldn't see the blush on my face.

"She's been tortured in that computer for so long. 7 years of trauma can do a lot to a person I don't want her to think that we are going to harm her but I won't let anyone harm her. I feel like I need to protect her plus I made a promise and I intend to keep it. Shuri won't be injured or dangered under my watch. I won't let her be put back into containment like I was." I thought to myself with determination.