You're A Cat

Now or never you think as you're finally alone with Loki in the library. You don't really know how to say what you want to but you figure you'll just word vomit til you get your point across like normal.

Suddenly Loki moves stretching their entire body out before curling up in a different position with their book.

"You're a cat." You tell him smiling.

"Excuse me?" Loki asks sounding a bit offended.

"You're a cat. Like specifically an orange cat."

"I don't think I understand." His eyebrows do that squishy thing he does when he's confused. You bite your lip.

"You just remind me of a cat I had. I just spent a lot time with them." You inhale scared to continue. "They were sweet, gentle, a little aggravating at times. But I liked them."

You're hoping this stupid anecdote doesn't go over Loki's head. You know they don't necessarily get your strange way of talking about things at times. He smiles.

"Do you like me?" Loki asks.

"Yes." You whisper.

"That's not the best idea." He looks at you from over his book smiling. "I'm glad you told me." His grin widens. "I like you too. Do you want to date me?" You don't know how that worked so well. You're obviously stunned as you hear Loki laugh. He crosses the little reading area and kneels in front of you. "Please say something."

"Yeah um... I want that."

"Good." Loki kisses your hand and goes back to his seat curling up with his book once again. Leaving you to internally lose your mind while pretending to read.