Ch18 Goodbyes

Y/N

'Oh my... I wonder if this guy had a death wish. I've already talked to him many times, but still... once I get off, you're dead JK.'

I was mentally giving JK a warning when I saw my daughter happily sitting on the roof of his car. He always does this thing every time he comes to pick up Yoonji. I'm scared. You know, what if my daughter suddenly falls?

"Mommy..."

Yoonji yelled while clapping her hands when she noticed me approaching. JK turns to the direction where Yoonji is looking, and when he saw me, he immediately carried my daughter and put her down on her feet before giving me an innocent smile by showing his bunny teeth.

"Mommy Uncle Kookie is going to treat us to dinner, and he has promised to buy me ice cream."

Yoonji said excitedly, after I picked her up on my arm and after she kissed my cheek.

"Really, wow, that sounds great. I think I will eat a lot later."

I said, showing her that I was excited too, which made her giggle.

"Okay, ladies, enough with that. We have to go. I'm hungry."

JK said, acting like a starving kid, rubbing his tummy while pouting, which made my daughter laugh, making her eyes disappear.

"Y/N"

JK called, his voice soft and sad. I look at him with a question in my eyes. I can sense that his tone will not be a good thing.

After we finish our main dishes, JK orders a dessert and, of course, the ice cream that he promised to Yoonji. He was silently watching Yoonji enjoying her ice cream when he suddenly called for me with a very soft and low voice. I guess he didn't want Yoonji to divert her attention to us.

"Umm"

I simply respond in the same low voice as him and look at him worriedly. Actually, I was nervous and scared, not ready to hear what it was about.

"I'm leaving the day after tomorrow."

He said, and now I know why I was scared. After graduating from college, JK flew to America since his parents were living there, as was the Kim family. When Yoongi and Mr. Min passed away, they all came back and stayed for a year in Korea. They spent the whole year of their stay showing Yoonji their care and love. They took her out almost every day after school on weekdays, brought her to the park, and watched cartoons with her on weekends.

But for JK, he decided to stay for a year more. And now I guess it is really time for him to go back to where his family is. JK is really a good friend. We've been friends since high school, and he never left my side. JK is also like a brother to me. We're like twins, as our schoolmates called us before. They said we were like twins because we shared the same brain cells. What JK wants is for sure, I want it too. What JK knows for certain, I knew it too. What JK wore, I definitely wore. And where JK is for sure, I was there too.

'But it's true that everything in this world is temporary and will disappear when the right time comes.'