CHAPTER 7

"NO!" Jackson's scream made everyone wake up from their shock because of the death of all Team C members. Peter and Ruby, as well as Chief Won Bin, had also confirmed it from their three points on the holo globe which was red after sending an in-danger signal, now had turned black. Even their bodies were seen being carried by some of their besiegers through the basement exit which was previously the only way out for them.

The men deliberately burned their bodies outside, where they could be seen through CCTV. As if they wanted to show it all to them in The Arc.

Jackson's screams got louder, and he started to lose control, so his teammates along with V and Cookie, had to drag him out of the Main Control room before he destroyed anything there. Jackson was devastated and miserable. He was the one who lost the most from the death of the agents from Team C because Wang Yi Xing, Code Name: Lay, was his younger brother.

Everyone who was still left in the Main Control room tried to suppress their sadness and defeat because they still had to continue to monitor team H until they arrived at the safe point. They still hold on to hope that Team H is safe. At least Arcanum only lost one team today. A team consisting of talented people. Losing just one agent is already a blow to Arcanum, let alone losing one team at a time.

Not a single head listening to the strange information didn't think. Everyone thought about the meaning of the mysterious man's words. He seemed to know that Lay was connected to The Arc. The big question running in almost everyone's head, especially Rattle is, how did that person know? And the main question that was on everyone's mind was, was there a traitor in Arcanum? But who? They had all known each other for several years. And during that time, there was nothing suspicious. And if there has always been a traitor in Arcanum, why is he/she only moving now?

Something impossible if they think about it more deeply. None of them fit the image of a traitor. They are family. There couldn't be a traitor in them. But the mysterious man's words were quite clear.

"Someone Conduct People Direction," Peter muttered under his breath which the others couldn't hear, only his partner next to him, Ruby. He felt there was a message in the sentence.

Ruby, who heard Peter's mutter, turned to him with furrowed brows. And a few minutes after that mutter, her unofficial lover turned to her making their eyes meet.

Looking into the eyes of the woman he loved, Peter immediately cleared his thoughts and doubts. 'No, I trust her,' Peter said in his head. He was even ready to entrust his life to his partner. So Peter wouldn't doubt her at all. Will never. Even the slightest.

The eyes of the agents who loved each other were distracted by the news from Team H that they were at a safe point, which made everyone remaining in the Main Control room breathe a sigh of relief, even though a gloomy atmosphere still hung over them.

Team C was eliminated.

It is certain that in the next few days or maybe weeks, the atmosphere in The Arc will be filled with sadness. The loss will be felt in every corner of The Arc.

Three hours after it was confirmed that all members of Team C had died, Chief Arcanum, Won Bin, gave a final message of appreciation for those. The message spread through each agent's mail. He also plans to hold a farewell ceremony for Team C even though there are no bodies to bury. Everything will be done in one corner of The Arc which is devoted to the cremation of each agent who died. Agents who are still in the middle of a mission can follow it via live broadcast or if they can't follow it live, they can view the rebroadcast, which will be archived in The Arc system.