CHAPTER 36

FLASHBACK

"Guys!" Rattle's voice broke the still-dark morning silence in apartment unit number 405 because the sun had not yet risen. Rosie, who was in the bathroom on her personal business, finished quickly and rushed out of the bathroom. Becky and IU, who were in the kitchen preparing early breakfast, immediately exited through the Arcway which separates the dining room from the living room.

"What is it?" Rosie asked as she approached Rattle, who came out carrying her smartphone.

"Wait. I'll call Luc and Jennie first," Jisoo said and put her phone to her ear. "Come here immediately," she said matter-of-factly and hung up at once without waiting for the answer.

"Rosie, is there a tracking device from the equipment you brought with you?" Rattle didn't answer but instead asked, making those already gathered put on a confused look.

"There seems to be one. Why?" replied Rosie.

"Good," Rattle nodded her head without answering Rosie's question.

Becky and IU exchanged looks in wonder, then looked at Rosie, who also raised her eyebrows and shoulders. The three of them were equally confused but didn't press Rattle with questions. They knew that Rattle would answer once Peter and Ruby arrived.

They didn't have to wait long, because five minutes after Rattle's call, their apartment door opened. Ruby and Peter, who were still quite messy, looked rushed to come. Without needing to ask, they could already guess how busy they were before receiving a call from Kim Jisoo.

Jennie's hair was uncombed and slightly damp. Her breath hitched a little. Luc's situation was messier than Jennie's. His hair was a complete mess, and a little sweat, which was quite out of place due to the cold air, could be seen dripping down his forehead and neck. His clothes seemed to be worn in a hurry.

Noticing the gaze of the four pairs of eyes staring at them with raised eyebrows and a smirk on their lips, Jennie and Luca immediately looked at each other and instantly groomed themselves. Jennie's hand tried to conquer Luc's messy hair, while Luc's hand stroked Jennie's hair, smoothing out the strands that were out of line and getting rid of the strands of hair that were still stuck to her face. After half-finishing Luc's hair, Jennie wiped the sweat on Luc's forehead and neck before smoothing out his long-sleeved shirt at the same time as Luc's hand stroked Jennie's face and smoothed the collar of her sweater.

"Ehm..." Rosie cleared her throat to get the attention of her two best friends. She chuckled as the unofficial lovers looked at them and realized what they were doing while smiling shyly. Holding hands, they caught up with their comrades sitting on the sofa. There was only one empty spot on the sofa, so Luc told Jennie to sit down while he sat on the carpet floor under Jennie's feet. Even his arms and head were placed on Jennie's thighs. The sight was familiar, so it didn't bother their comrades.

"What is it?" Luc asked in a low voice.