CHAPTER 31

"The bar was quite full at the time," Prof Jessi began. After knowing that Im Soe Jin and Richardo Huges had made direct contact with Jennie Kim, even tucked a tracking device, they were sure that the enemy had known the location where Jennie was. At that instant, they knew the coordinates of The Arc and must have started to find out about the uncharted place. Now, they are trying to find out the connection between the incident and Prof Jessi. What made them lure Prof Jessi to make The Spider and use her as an intermediary to infiltrate the little thing.

"Then suddenly, Alex sat next to me," Prof Jessi still calls Richardo Huges by the name he has used for six years. Alexandro Hawkes. "He didn't try to say anything to me and just watched the people dancing. He didn't even seem interested. But since he was the only one near me and his face was quite handsome and attractive, I talked to him. I asked where he was from because obviously, he wasn't Korean. He answered me casually. His Korean was not very good, but I could understand. Then I chatted with him using English until I asked about his job. He did not specify where he worked, only told me that he was a scientist and inventor who graduated from Oxford. I'm quite surprised and happy because I rarely meet smart people with such an attractive appearance," Prof Jessi continued with a big smile. Those who listened to her tell the story enthusiastically couldn't help but smile a little. Prof Jessi was like a little girl who was telling her experience playing with her new friend without realizing the consequences of the incident.

"So I told him that I was also an inventor and worked somewhere in the middle of the ocean. From there we became friends," Prof Jessi ended her story still with a smile and innocent sparkling eyes.

"Did he seem interested and ask about your workplace, Prof?" Rattle asked even though she had already guessed the answer.

"Of course. He asks for details. He thought I work in the Navy, on a ship," Prof Jessi frowned slightly when she mentioned the Navy. "Of course I said no. Who wants to work with a Navy who rarely bathes," continued Prof Jessi. Rattle didn't know where she got the idea about the Navy like that. No one in Arcanum knows about it. "I even lectured him with a story about the Navy. Alex is a good listener. He listened to my every word and pay attention to it carefully. We even joke about the Navy. I then told him that I worked on an island in the Sea of ​​Japan."

"Is he also interested in the island? Did he ask about it?" Rattle asked again.

"Hmm... Not really. We're just talking casually. But he asked a little about the island," Prof Jessi replied while tapping her chin as if remembering.

"When did this happen? And after that, when will you two meet again?" Rattle asked the most important question. Prof Jessi answered when was her first meeting with Alexandro Hawkes and the next meeting. As soon as she got the approximate day and time, Rattle asked Key to find CCTV footage and check it. Her biggest guess was that Richardo Huges also slipped a tracking device on Prof Jessi to make sure her location was the same as Jennie's.

Their suspicions were proven by the CCTV footage found by Key. On the CCTV footage of the second meeting between Prof Jessi and Richardo Huges, Richardo Huges could be seen patting Prof Jessi's shoulder like a friend joking. But after being enlarged, his hand held and pinned the same tool as the one he pinned on the hem of Jennie's jacket into the collar of Prof Jessi's jacket.