CHAPTER 19

Five days after the rescue team's departure

Ruby's condition had improved after three days she was conscious. The tools attached to her body, that she no longer needed, were removed not long after she woke up. If her condition is good today, she can discharge from the Health Center to live in a unit that has been provided for agents. She got one on the same floor where the Health Center was located.

"Great. Your condition is good. You can go back to your room and stretch your legs. Take a short walk but don't push yourself too much. If you feel uncomfortable, take a break. The wound on your stomach was dry enough but still vulnerable," IU explained after checking Ruby's condition. Smiling, she patted her on the shoulder and helped her slowly get out of bed.

"Okay," Ruby smiled back at her fellow agents, and they both left the room.

.

"This is your unit," IU stopped in front of the door and pointed at it with her thumb before handing the key to Ruby, who also stopped beside her.

"Thank you," She replied as she received her key unit.

After IU left her, Ruby did not move. She just stared at the dark blue door with the number '2-8' blankly. Even though she was allowed to leave the Health Center and return to her place, that didn't make her enthusiastic. Not after she found out what had happened and why Luca wasn't by her side when she woke up. Her beloved partner was on a mission. Especially, with the condition that was not too prime. However, agents must be able to carry out their duties even in the worst conditions.

Taking a deep breath, Jennie finally unlocked the door to her unit and went inside to see how comfortable it was while they were here. Her right hand turned the doorknob and pushed it inside while her left hand held a bag.

Her temporary residence at HQ isn't as big as the one at The Arc. Its simple arrangement with one bedroom, one bathroom, and living room equipped with sofa, tv, bookshelf looks very simple. There were no windows at all because the temporary HQ location was underground. To live in a place like this for an unknown length of time required extra adaptability.

It didn't take long for Jennie to examine all corners of her 40-square-meter room. Fortunately, the size was large enough to make those who live there not feel too cramped. Jennie put the bag she was carrying on the coffee table and opened it while sitting on the sofa. After her hand grasped the contents of the bag, she leaned back and stared at the object in her hand for a moment before placing it on her chest where her heart was, then closing her eyes.

'Manoban, you have to go back,' she thought as she slightly squeezed the item in her hand. A spare blood bag for her.

FLASHBACK

"Where's Manoban?" Ruby asked because she expected to find the man who claimed to love her. But since the first time she came to her senses and opened her eyes this time, not once had she seen her partner.