Awkward Encounters

Michael's POV hahajksjd (we're also back to present time)

My eyes widened. Oh shoot, that was Rich.. my eyes trailed behind him and I saw Jeremy. I quickly turned around and pretended not to hear or see them.

I practically ran off the escalator and hid behind some huge ad sign thing.

It was no use, though. Both Rich and Jeremy had already seen me.

"Michael? What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked, his tone was somewhat a mix between happy and confused.

I looked down at Rich, who I think was smiling for some reason.

"Uh. I forgot that I had to buy some.. " I looked around frantically and saw Bath N Body works across from where we were standing.  "Bathbombs!" I blurted out. "Yep, I need to stock up on some bathbombs. So if you'll excuse me.." I tried to slip away but Jeremy blocked me.

"Michael. You said you weren't coming."

I sighed. "It's not like I didn't want to come.. just not with.. you know."

Jeremy frowned and nodded. "..Yeah, I know."

Rich, however, clearly didn't know. He was glancing between Jeremy and me, trying to piece things together. He's so much different without his SQUIP.

"I was going to get some pretzels, actually. If you guys want some? Just you two, though, I'm not rich."

"Well, I am!" Rich said suddenly.

Jeremy and I just stared at him.

He quickly looked away. "Thorry.."

Jeremy and I burst out laughing.

"That was kind of funny." Jeremy said, and I nodded.  "You and Michael have the same humor." Jeremy added as he looked at me. Rich followed his eyes which then met mine and he looked away again, embarrassed. Weird.

"Anyway, come on. The line is getting longer."

The three of us walked over to the Auntie Anne's stand and waited in line.

In the end, I ordered the mini pretzel dogs, Jeremy got a cinnamon roll, and Rich got the sugar coated cinnamon pretzel bites.

We sat down at a table and ate. Jeremy asked me what was in the bag, and I didn't want to tell him, but he kept nagging until he actually took the bag and smiled when he saw the logo.

"Of course it's Spencer's Gifts."

"Yeah, well-"

"Is this.. the Crystal Pepsi you were talking about?"

I nodded. I couldn't believe it. He remembered.

"Ooh can I try?" He asked, surprisingly excitedly.

"Well it was going to be for you anyway," I mumbled.

"Really?! Thanks dude. It seems really cool." He smiled, which made me smile.

Jeremy gulped sown some of  the soda but nearly choked.