Rich's troubles

Michael's POV:

I managed to wake up on time today, and when I went to put on my favorite hoodie, I realized that it was still stained from my encounter in the hallways with Rich, and I'd forgotten to put it in the wash.

I loved my hoodie; It made me feel secure. Plus I was able to express myself through the patches I'd ironed on.. I guess I'd just have to wear something else today.

It would normally take me a while to decide what shirt to wear but I decided to just go with a black hoodie over my bright yellow Pikachu shirt. Hopefully no one would suspect what I had under my hoodie. I slipped on some jeans and grabbed my backpack. I scurried downstairs and my Nanay was there in the dining room.

"Nanay? Good morning! You're not at work yet?" I greeted her.

"I took a later shift today, they told me to rest and take a day off."

Then, mamá walked in with two cups of café.

"Your Nanay didn't want to take the day off so she took a later shift because I insisted." Then she turned to Nanay and handed her the cup of coffee. "You work so hard, cariño! You need to take breaks sometimes."

Nanay nodded. "Well I'm here now aren't I? And Michael, you should go to school now. You can't keep being late. And your physics grade, what's up with that? You're always on the games."

Ah there it was. Nanay could be so stern sometimes, but I knew she had good intentions.

"Sorry, Nanay. Don't worry I'll bring the grade up and I'll try not to be late anymore. Love you guys, byeeee" I hurried outside and started up my car.

I got to school in about 20 minutes and I parked in the student parking lot.

"Michael!"

I turned around. Rich was there waving at me. It was still a bit unsettling to see Jeremy and I's former tormentor being so warm and friendly, but at least he wasn't pushing me into a locker or anything.

"Hey, Rich." I waved back at him as he walked up to me.

"Thorry we didn't hang out much at the mall.."

"It's cool, what'd you guys do?"

"We checked out a few shops, you didn't mith anything. Well, except for Brooke needing to use the bathroom every ten minutes after eating Pinkberry. I dunno why she loveth it tho much if she'th lactothe intolerant."

I tried to stifle a laugh. 1. Classic Brooke 2. Rich's lisp is really funny. I like, it but it makes him sound pretty wack.

Rich raised an eyebrow. "What'th tho funny?"

"Nothing, nothing. Let's just go inside." I patted his shoulder, and Rich nodded as he continued to ramble on about what they'd done.

Everything about Junior year so far was so weird. A supercomputer trying to take over humanity? Honestly it was cool in theory, but once it happens to you, you realize that it's super messed up. I befriended Rich and Brooke, and got somewhat acquainted with the other popular kids. Jeremy actually pulled a girl, which goes to show that anything can happen. What made things worse, though, was the fact that I'd realized how much Jeremy really meant to me. 

"Michael?"

I looked down at Rich. Ah, I'd spaced out. "Oh right, sorry. Did you say something?"